1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Some Help - Tutorial Anywhere

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by bradea, Sep 4, 2011.

Hi.

In need of some help with Javascript, because I need to find a tutorial or something, but I have no idea where to start looking.

Im trying to create a basic web drawing application, but it has to be permanent, so that if someone refreshes the page, it will still be there.

Is this possible, and where do I go to get help,

Thanks!

bradea, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It can't be done in Javascript - you have to store what you want to keep permanent on the server, so you'll have to use a server-side language, like PHP or ASP.

Rukbat, Sep 4, 2011 IP
  3. Jan Novak

Jan Novak Peon

Best Answers:
    You can remember it in cookies. But user can have cookies disabled or can erase them. So you cannot fully rely on cookies in browser. Best is store it on server side.

Jan Novak, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  4. JohnnySchultz

JohnnySchultz Peon

Best Answers:
    since HTML5 is available in most browsers, you can use the canvas tag for the drawing application and control it by using javascript. for storage html5 has web storage, which is storing data in the client's browser, it is different to cookies that can be blocked.

since the data will only be stored on one browser, it's still a good practice to have a copy of the data server-side, so the user can access his data where he wants to access it..

JohnnySchultz, Sep 6, 2011 IP