1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help with one of clickbank term of service..urgently !!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by leoxurious, Aug 21, 2011.

i was about to login into my click bank account when i noticed the CLICKBANK CLIENT CONTRACT on the LOGIN PAGE,,after reading through i noticed thei particular one below that says

You will not incorporate any variation of or misspell any third-party trademarks or other brand identifiers in any domain name, username or other identifier, including on any social networking site.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????...for example i am have been promoting a product and i used the products name as my domain name DOES THIS MEAN I MIGHT GET MY ACCOUNT SUSPENDED BECAUSE I FEEL I AM CURRENTLY VIOLATION THE POLICY ABOVE..i know there are hundreds of websites using product names as their domains or a variation..WANNA HAVE YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS TOPIC so i know whether i should takedown the site IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

leoxurious, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  2. nikvn

nikvn Active Member

Best Answers:
    From 31 August many things are going to change. It's better to contact clickbank to solve your doubt.

nikvn, Aug 21, 2011 IP
  3. lone woolf

lone woolf Peon

Best Answers:
    hi i think the 2 word you have to pay attention are: ANY VARIATION -OR MISSPELL - sure you can use review , scam review , and build page or sub-domain with the product name . this is my opinion . probably the - product name .com - is already being taken by the vendor.

lone woolf, Aug 30, 2011 IP
  4. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I need this answer too, anyone to help?

psharma, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  5. ripslyme00

ripslyme00 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what he said is accurate, you probably cant use the product name .com ! and this doesnt affect me much :p as I use email marketing techniques :)

ripslyme00, Sep 3, 2011 IP
  6. leoxurious

leoxurious Member

Best Answers:
    i have exchanged several emails with clickbank and they made me understand that you should NOT use a TRADEMARK name in your domain name(MISSPELLED OR VARIATION).. example i have a clickbank product site googlecashmonster.us ,,this name violates TOS because "google" is a Trademark name,,THE REAL VENDOR of the product uses "gcashmonster"...which shows that he is fully aware of the TOS since he didnt spell it all out

leoxurious, Sep 4, 2011 IP
    psharma likes this.
  7. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for help. It means that we can still register domains related to product name as far as it is not trademark registered ( most of the products are not)
    :)

psharma, Sep 5, 2011 IP
  8. leoxurious

leoxurious Member

Best Answers:
    yes thats right

leoxurious, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  9. Debris

Debris Peon

Best Answers:
    yes even people just registering domains (and not using clickbank) have to be very careful because these trademarks still apply

Debris, Oct 1, 2011 IP
  10. leoxurious

leoxurious Member

Best Answers:
    yes you are right..i think even google dosent really like people using their trademark names in their domain registerations

leoxurious, Oct 21, 2011 IP