1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Choosing between subdomains and subfolders

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rafiseo, Oct 31, 2006.

Hi! Just need some tips on how to efficiently construct my website... I've heard that using subdomains and subfolders are just some of the methods used by webmasters to organize their web pages and to ensure high search engine rankings but, i am a little doubtful on which one should I use.. I think it depends on the content? Need some help there..

rafiseo, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  2. harish318

harish318 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Contents are most important. Subdomain will have more weightage but it may also cost you. You need to check this with your Hosting Co. Right names for sub-folders and files will also give you good mileage.

harish318, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  3. eukhost

eukhost Banned

Best Answers:
    I think related content pages should be on the subfolders while if you wish to add a forum or a blog on your website go for a subdomain. Anyways that's just my opinion. :)

eukhost, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  4. OptimumTools.com

OptimumTools.com Guest

Best Answers:
    better go with the subfolders as you will get more preference if ur site is big.

OptimumTools.com, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  5. rafiseo

rafiseo Peon

Best Answers:
    ooh I see now.. subfolders would be quite useful if I like categorize them in a flat structure right? thanks a lot pals :)

rafiseo, Nov 1, 2006 IP
  6. BILZ

BILZ Peon

Best Answers:
    there have been numerous discussions in the forums here. do a search first and you'll get some good info.

BILZ, Nov 1, 2006 IP