1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Long pages vs. short - an answer

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by rmccarley, Oct 31, 2006.

I thought some of you might want to see this. I did some research into the bennefits of having one long page or breaking up the content into several smaller pages.

rmccarley, Oct 31, 2006 IP
    kh7 likes this.
  2. kh7

kh7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good post. I do agree articles of 300-500 words are way too short. I've seen some people saying 800 is optimal online, but the result is usually articles that just don't add much value for visitors.

Short articles do however have great CTR. So a mix is probably best. Long articles for getting links and making your website a good resource (and look like a good resource) - short articles for more fun and a lighter atmosphere (in my case anyhow) and getting broad coverage. Though stumblers do seem to favor short and sweet, in many cases (not all).

kh7, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  3. Ppscslv

Ppscslv Peon

Best Answers:
    The long articles help the search engines to evaluate better a site theme. It's a same stuation if you use more short articles.

Ppscslv, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  4. rmccarley

rmccarley Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks kh7. I think the short articles are better to support the long one. They may be about the same topic but something real specific within it or like you said, smething lighter and more fun.

Ppscslv what I found is that the SEs definately like one single long page better than several small pages so it isn't the same situation.

rmccarley, Oct 31, 2006 IP