1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO| Let google index the customer reviews or not?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Hefny, Sep 1, 2011.

Hello all,

First of all, im new here and want to say hello to everyone who is posting and reading here!

I'm doubting a long time about the question:

Should i let google index the customer reviews under every product we sell?

I have red that user generated content is good for you position in Google but i think this is because you will expect that customers will write about your product with the keyword inside it. In practice most of the customers are not using the keyword and only write things like: ''Good product'', ''fast delivery'', ''thanks for this'' etc. I'm affraid that this is making the page not relevant anymore in spite of there will be some customers that will use some keywords but certainly not most of it.

How does big company's deal with this and how do you think against this ?

Thanks!

Hefny, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  2. IM Fade

IM Fade Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should let the customers comment and let Google index those comments. This will show that your page is constantly updating with more content. Assuming you have relevant content near the top of the page and good backlinks this extra content should not compromise your rankings.

IM Fade, Sep 1, 2011 IP
  3. danielwood

danielwood Member

Best Answers:
    no, i don't think so there is any need to place a noindex tag for reviews. Reviews are not going to make your page irrelevant, though it could help other users to know about your services. you could also check other shopping portals like ebay and homeshop18, even thay are not having a noindex tag before reviews.

If you want to add your keyword in reviews, then you could make some modifications in your website coding so that when a user add a review about a product, it would get displayed like:

"user1" says about "product1"
    review posted by user

this way you could have your keyword in each and every review.

danielwood, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  4. Terry Hatfield

Terry Hatfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In your Cpanel for your site you can set it to allow comments only after you approve them. That way you can log in and just approve the ones you like. If you see one that is spammy or you don't like for any reason then don't approve it and it won't show up.

Terry Hatfield, Sep 2, 2011 IP
  5. Hefny

Hefny Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot you guys!

Hefny, Sep 5, 2011 IP