1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 50 SEO, Tips, Tricks, and Suggestions

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by sonicdark, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    How about you proove to me the existence of the phenomenon then? You are extremely experienced having all the knowledge of the world it seems [/sarcasm]

IT

Correctus, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  2. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My my, such hollow words desperately craving recognition. Your obstinacy continues to impress.

I'll reiterate, your inexperience of this particular phenomenon :)

eXe, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  3. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    My, My, such *sarcastic* words desperately craving a sole "lol" from someone on this forum. Your inability to understand things as they are continues to depress.

I'll reiterate, give me proof for the applied existence of this particular phenomenon :)

IT

4. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "14. Register your domain name for the maximum amount of time. This instills trust among the search engines that you don’t have a one year hosting plan and then you’re done. This is a cheap solution, and lets them know that you plan to be around for a long time."

What proof do you have of this? While it makes sense, I can not see how it is an important (vital) thing in the algorithm.

infonote, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  5. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm... One would think that you would be depressed enough already by mimicking me relentlessly.

Hopefully you are fully well aware that no ranking can be proove proven to be the result of any one factor. The length of a domain's registration period, due to it's presence in the google patent application, is one of the the numerous factors that are used by google in "predicting the legitimacy of a domain and, thus, the documents associated therewith".

infonote, check this out.

eXe, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  6. Correctus

Correctus Straight Edge

Best Answers:
    Since you are just repeating yourself over and over and there is no way you could back up your statements of the existence of this factor you talk about. I'll end my part of the discussion here. Period.

IT

7. eXe

eXe Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am having to repeat myself over & over because you keep denying the existence of the factor. And I am not just "talking about it", it's right there in the patent application.

If you are suggesting by any chance that google just threw that bit in there because it looks pretty or spread misinformation or anything of the sort, you really are quite the natural conspiracist.

About time...

eXe, Apr 14, 2007 IP
  8. sonicdark

sonicdark Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no proof on this at all. I stated before that I received that tip from Danny Sullivan. I don't believe everything all the time, but he is probably the most knowledgable guy in the SEO industry for the past 10 years, so I give it more credit than your normal, "this new tip rocks!" It was found on his searchengineland blog a few months ago. He mentioned having difficulty ranking, even for his own stories. One of his suggestions was to maximize the amount of time that he had for his domain name. The great thing about SEO is that its debatable. I realize that some of my tips need to be updated, but they are a general guide, and I'll improve them as I improve my own skills. As far as this particular tip it wasn't this particular post that I referenced but he repeats it again, saying:

"One thing you can do is register your domain for a long time, say five or ten years. That at least suggests you want to hold on to it more than the average person, so it might help."

http://searchengineland.com/070403-145435.php

There are other references of him saying it, but like I said take it for what its worth. If you have $5 x 10 = $50 for 10 years to register it great, if you don't go on to the next step.

sonicdark, Apr 15, 2007 IP
  9. oseymour

oseymour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oseymour, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  10. sonicdark

sonicdark Peon

Best Answers:
    No, but when I started the blog I wasn't really into any SEO for blogs, and didn't even realize the URL structures available. At this point I could 301 the current blog posts to a just blog/post-name structure but the point of it isn't to make money so I'm not worried about it. I mentioned to someone else that if I had to do it over again I would just go blog/post-name.

sonicdark, Apr 18, 2007 IP
  11. abuzar345

abuzar345 Active Member

Best Answers:
    "Welcome to 404 error page!"
    your link is not working..

abuzar345, Dec 17, 2009 IP
  12. abuzar345

abuzar345 Active Member

Best Answers:
    your link is not working but yes i saw your site its really informative. Good work man...!

abuzar345, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  13. dipenmehta

dipenmehta Member

Best Answers:
    not found any article on this link.

dipenmehta, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  14. Avisblr

Avisblr Member

Best Answers:
    getting error "Not Found. Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here."

Avisblr, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  15. PRAKASH.RAJASEKARAN

PRAKASH.RAJASEKARAN Guest

Best Answers:
    This is awesome post. Ienjoyed while reading it. I have quesioned many of 'em before about some on page factors. If you know please mention atleast 20 out of 200 and above seo on page factors.

PRAKASH.RAJASEKARAN, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  16. rosesmark

rosesmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    if some one have latest techniques about keywords ranking so guys shared with me.I really want some tips

rosesmark, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  17. michaelvk

michaelvk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't open that page dude. Could you please check it?
    thanks,

michaelvk, Aug 31, 2011 IP
  18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    4 years on, I guess his site has changed a bit. Who'd have thought.

sarahk, Sep 1, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.