1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Everyone has a fu***** e-book these days

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by brandphantom, Aug 20, 2011.

1. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    and most of these e-books contain affiliate links anyway. So some just write low quality e-books with bunch of affiliate web hosting links or other products, hoping the readers will buy

michael.aulia, Aug 25, 2011 IP
  2. Discoverizon

Discoverizon Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically there is very little value being promoted on the Internet nowadays.

Lets face it,most people don't care to actually give anybody any real value, they are all interested in scoring commissions off others.But one thing we need to know is that the old ways of marketing have been replaced by value and customer oriented ways i.e. originality(which the internet seems to discourage) sells a lot more than copy cat material.

I have actually made it a point never to buy another Clickbank product cause i can get all the information from free forums(like this oone!!) and by bothering to ask myself what customers really want..

Sad to say but the age of info products is fast coming to an end..

Discoverizon, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  3. XeBii

XeBii Peon

Best Answers:
    true Indeed,
    Most of the People dont care about Quality Stuff
    All They Care About is $$$ :D

XeBii, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  4. boldpunter

boldpunter Peon

Best Answers:
    I suppose e-books are such a convenient thing to sell online (compared to physical products) that it is inevitable that marketeers will try to streamline the process of producing them which, in turn, usually leads to a reduction in quality. Like someone said earlier, I would never buy an e-book off clickbank now because the vast majority of them are complete cr*p. That said, there are a small number of e-books I have read that have contained good, useable information but finding these e-books is like looking for a needle in a haystack! Its a shame that affiliate networks like clickbank don't act a bit more like offline publishers and be a bit more discerning about which e-books they will accept. The quality control on these sites seems to be pretty non-existent which is a shame because it just wastes everyone's time if refunds are being regularly requested.

boldpunter, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  5. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is, Clickbank is an ecommerce platform, a combination storefront and payment processor for publishers. It is not a publisher itself. The authors have self-published their ebooks and Clickbank is in the business of making money, not regulating the industry.

MTbiker, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  6. Buzzpromote.com

Buzzpromote.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Its really sad, you see the same lame squeeze page and ebook offer. and they all bascially have the same info... Im gonna make up my own ebook. It will be title " do not buy or download this ebook, You are wasting time. 1 st chapter - why did you buy this ebook. 2nd Chapter -pls close this ebook and start a buzz on your marketing

Buzzpromote.com, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  7. thetechtalk

thetechtalk Active Member

Best Answers:
    O my goodness..... e-books and ebook readers disgust me. Most of you have already mentioned the good reasons why..

thetechtalk, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  8. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha that's good! I did a free ebook that had a similar idea to what this thread is all about, but this one would be a good complement!

MTbiker, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  9. ab420

ab420 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Something that many marketers don't realize:
    in order for someone to truly take the initiative to try something, they need to feel like they are losing something if they do not. Most people will never try the methods they find in free eBooks, because subconsciously they think "If it's free... it's not worth anything." When you pay for something, you are far more likely to follow through with it. I have a folder on my hard drive with literally 100's of ebooks I got for free over the years. I have barely glanced at any of them. On the other hand, I have a folder of ebooks I bought, and I've gone through them all with a fine-tooth comb.

ab420, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  10. adminkamal

adminkamal Peon

Best Answers:
    these sites are good for the newbies or not for the pros anyway!

adminkamal, Aug 26, 2011 IP
  11. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is sad but true that some sites are cluttered with ads, even some of the respectable sites have seen the writing on the wall and are benefitting from the free cash flow. If the amount of ads are kept low then I don't see any problem, but some sites require you to click on every other button and hence you will make someone alot of money just by browsing the site.

unknownpray, Aug 27, 2011 IP