1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another round of bans going on

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by SEO Jeff, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Education - teens have education.

BTW, Skirat44 that is one of the sickest blogs (undercover artists) I have ever seen.

Ferrarislave, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  2. ecaandrew

ecaandrew Guest

Best Answers:
    ill be first to say, i run myspacesupport.com

yahoo terminated me for bad conversion after several months of overviewing my stats they said. it wasnt a last minute decision, they been studying my site for awhile i guess...

ecaandrew, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  3. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    Were you always targeting ads, or did you let ypn pick the ads for a while then target?

Ferrarislave, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  4. SkiRat44

SkiRat44 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sickest? Wow, sounds bad....what don't you like?

SkiRat44, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  5. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    i believe ypn is always studying our sites, just like they are constantly checking and rechecking our pages for tos violations. i doubt they terminate on the fly for "no reason". im sure these low conversions or whatever they want to call it is over a period of time until they get to the point that they terminate you. it would be nice if they let us know that we need to do something or else. then at least you could kill the "low converting" sites and keep your account active or at least work towards improvement.

jmo

karagold, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  6. jeremy860

jeremy860 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

yea no kidding, a warning email or phone call to let you know that there is some issues we need you to fix is always nice.

although I will say YPN was really nice one time when they called me and told me to remove the ads from one of my sites. They did'nt ban me, they had the consideration of calling me so we could work it out.

jeremy860, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  7. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had the same exact thought as Jeremy had about education ads and I admit have targeted them but maybe it's time to switch :confused:

SEO Jeff, Oct 30, 2006 IP
    alsjforever likes this.
  8. ecaandrew

ecaandrew Guest

Best Answers:
    ya it stinks :(

ecaandrew, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  9. jeremy860

jeremy860 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I bet your kinda despressed eh? You are the one who just bought a new house right? damn....

jeremy860, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  10. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Peon

Best Answers:

One of the first in this MySpace industry, as far as I'm concerned. good thread Jeff! Sorry to hear that Andrew. :(

Red Thunder, Oct 30, 2006 IP
    alsjforever likes this.
  11. TomN

TomN Peon

Best Answers:
    Andrew, what kind of things were you targeting in ad targeting, if anything?

TomN, Oct 30, 2006 IP
    alsjforever likes this.
  12. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is stil in Beta

Im sure after beta they will have more lenient policies regarding traffic quality. Maybe there will be more advertiers for the myspace demographic.

Damn..this thread already has 31 replies. I nkow there are alot of BIG ypn earners out there...guys making 30K a month or more with just yahoo ads. I could only imagine how much it would suck to make that much and get terminated. What do you do after such a devestating blow?

IamNed, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  13. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    big earners never have all their eggs in one basket. diversification is the key to long term success. diversify or die

jmo

karagold, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  14. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Im not so sure about that

Alot of these layout guys are making most if not all of thier huge $xx,xxx+/month revenue with yahoo because the CPM is so high.

Diversification is tough when yahoo pays so well

CPA offers tend to fall short (another free ipod...yaaawn) as does CPM (valueclick don't like myspace traffic too much either) and selling links.

But I dont have a myspace site so it probably doesn't affect me as much.

IamNed, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  15. webmasta

webmasta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True, why lose traffic to lower cost places when CPC is so high

webmasta, Oct 30, 2006 IP
  16. karagold

karagold Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, i didnt realize you worked on 100% ctr. what are you offering all those people who dont click your ads? what are you doing with the international visitors that come to your sites whose clicks most likely dont count? if your whole goal is to get your visitors to click ypn ads, you will be dead in the water when those rpc's start dropping, major competition really floods in (when beta ends) and your repeat visitors get bored of seeing the same thing again and again. or, worse yet, when ypn nails your account. diversify. shhh i've said too much.

again, jmo - not talking to anyone specifically.

karagold, Oct 31, 2006 IP
  17. ja76

ja76 Peon

Best Answers:
    It was just a matter of time. These MySpace guys knew they were cheating advertisers and Yahoo did too (they just tried to keep it going as long as possible) but I knew it wouldn't last long. As soon as the complaints got rolling, Yahoo knew they had to do something, and hence the account termination.

It's all for the best and well deserved.

ja76, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  18. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Peon

Best Answers:
    Would you mind spending some more time, and defining that sentence for me. Tell me more about it, and tell me if those are facts that you are telling me or just "what you heard from others"? Thanks a lot.

Red Thunder, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  19. RickBurns

RickBurns Peon

Best Answers:
    One of things I've been doing was to diversify my referal traffic. PM me for some more tips. It's improved my CTR and most of all my YPN account manager is happy. :D For all the big players, I suggest getting a YPN account manager as well. Remember, it's MUCH easier to work with Yahoo if reach out to them.

**Disclaimer** - I work with one of the top 10 social networks and joined this site just to comment on some of the industry trends and such.

RickBurns, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  20. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo are liars

Read my info below

Hello,

Thank you for your participation in the Yahoo! Publisher Network
    Beta program. As part of our efforts to ensure high-quality traffic for
    advertisers on the Yahoo! Publisher Network, we continuously monitor
    publisher attributes such as:

1. Suspicious click activity.

2. Advertiser conversion rates.

3. Overall quality of leads generated on your site.

Unfortunately, due to poor traffic quality, we have terminated
    your Yahoo! Publisher Network account ID XXXXXXXXX In accordance with
    Sections 6(a) and 6(b) of the Yahoo! Publisher Network terms and conditions,
    We will not include clicks from non-U.S. users or otherwise invalid clicks in your payment. We have refunded amounts generated from the non-U.S. users and otherwise invalid clicks to our advertisers and will pay any remaining amount owed to you in accord with the Terms and Conditions.

Their response and what proves they are liars and has me wondering if a legal action (class action) could not be undertaken since other posts here have implied this is not the case, which then would lead one to believe there is discrimination in place :mad:

Our team has reviewed your case and while we appreciate your participation and your willingness to comply with our guidelines, we cannot reinstate your account during the beta period.

Again, at this time we are only conducting the beta version of Yahoo! Publisher Network. The general release for Yahoo! Publisher Network has not been disclosed at this time, but we encourage you to participate in our future releases. Feel free to check back on our Web site for announcements.

Hmmm cannot or will not????

And then to have the balls to invite me back once out of beta.

.......kiss my ass!!!

Sem-Advance, Nov 6, 2006 IP