1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

United States Heading towards a Depression?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by decoyjames, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRUm

BRUm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You hear that men? Breeze and Obama say the recession ended two years ago. Better tell all the newly unemployed and homeless about this news!

This has to be one of my favourite wikipedia quotes:

One out of three isn't so bad, eh? :rolleyes:

BRUm, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  2. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He is probably not like you... he learned his first economics lesson :

More Debt Does Not Equal Lesser Debt

Ah.. it sounds so COOL to be over your head in debt, eh Breeze Wood ? Dont forget to throw in the "QE" stats while you are at it. :eek:

The ones who own the money, that is, the ones who printed it up ( it is theirs, not ours ) will continue to find a way for the population/citizens to be saddled with paying it all back, including interest of course. Hey Breeze, since you are soooo good with economics, riddle me this... What is going to be the total WITH INTEREST that the American people owe to the bankers ??

So far, all they talk about is how much they printed up, without the interest.

The "Fat Cats" that Breeze mentioned LINK are stealing the American dream. LINK

It is quite possible to call people like Breeze Wood un-American since they are promoting a system that is destroying the future of our country. Their "house of cards" system is ready to fall. They act like they do not know what is going on. But the same people who created the last economic disaster are still in the same driver's seat of this economy. Do you trust them ? Breeze does...

So, what happened in 1913 Breeze ?

Blue Star Ent., Aug 23, 2011 IP
  3. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    My solution is economic depression? I did not know that that the idea of 'Cutting the debt while improving the income' could be considered as a disaster. Enlighten me, why and how?

May be I'm wrong. I admit, I'm not an economist mate. I just happen to have a bit of common sense, nothing extra ordinary though.

Now if I'm wrong, I need to know how it really works.

As you seem like a guy who really knows his stuffs, you are the best option for me to learn these stuffs. So I'd have to ask you,

1) How do you think a currency's value is evaluated?
    2) What happens if someone starts printing money without having enough resource to back up it's value?
    And
    3) the Biggest question of all - Do you consider gold as money?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
    The Webby, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  4. donb01

donb01 Peon

Best Answers:
    dude you're funny you know greedy politicians don't learn from mistakes or history.

of course we have 20/20 vision now and can definitely see Obama is driving us right into it. You Never raise taxes while in a recession but that's all the dems want to do so all employers are afraid to hire workers for fear of what the Gov. is doing with taxes. and that my friends will drive the US into a depression.

The best thing the Government can do is GET OUT OF THE WAY OF BUSINESS so that business will put people back to work and then they will start SPENDING money again.

donb01, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  5. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

The Policies and Principles of the Federal Reserve were implemented in 08 to curtail the Republican Recession that from Dec. 07 to June of 09 had negative GDP and was successful in curtailing the Recession in June of 09 and has produced positive GDP from that time to the present Quarter.

The auxiliary effects of the Recession and other economic factors are the problems at present to be solved.

No, if you are not already familiar with the fundamental strategies employed by Fed Chief Bernanke used to curtail the Recession than an explanation will be of little use to your actually understanding the mechanism that was employed.

The Liberals balanced the Budget and were paying down the Deficit when the Bush Administration took office and was the last instance of fiscal responsibility till the current Administration was elected to office. The present Administration was forced to accept the responsibility to reverse the monetary maleficence it inherited including a 6.1 trillion dollar deficit caused by the Immoral Iraqi War.

Your disagreement with the Federal Reserve Policies and Principles that curtailed the Great Recession and have so apply managed the economy to this quarter are not without an arena or an ongoing election to voice your grievance - however to date, history and economic principles not withstanding the U S remains the worlds dominate economic power and is so still because of the performance of the Federal Reserve in an hour of the Countries greatest need.

Breeze Wood, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  6. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Jeez, I asked you three simple questions and you repeated everything that you have already said like, I don't know, 20 times; 200 times?

I got it mate, Republicans are evil and Obama is a God send savior and knows exactly what he is doing..
    Now, the questions -

1) How do you think a currency's value is evaluated?
    2) What happens if someone starts printing money without having enough resource to back up it's value?
    And
    3) The Biggest question of all - Do you consider gold as money?

The Webby, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  7. donb01

donb01 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol.... lot of idiots think obama is god send but it is funny and shows their ignorance. A fair share of talking heads are lumping Obama into the same category as Jimmy Carter, we all know how well Carter did. :)

donb01, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  8. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

If you are not willing to accept the Policies and Principles applied by the Federal Reserve that have solve this countries economic problems inherited by a Recession of the previous Administration then your questions are a moot point and not relevant to the thread.

The Recession was curtailed by a return to positive growth in GDP that has continued since June of 09 to this quarter.

Your (childish) questions are inherently answered by the actions taken by the Federal Reserve that I agree with and am in complete support of as has been the case from the very beginning.

Breeze Wood, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  9. lulabie

lulabie Member

Best Answers:
    I hope the condition will be better soon. US economic has great influence to world economic.

lulabie, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  10. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    ECB faces showdown over government debt

The central bank’s steps in recent weeks have, by historic measures, been extraordinary, including tens of billions of dollars invested in the bonds of Italy, Spain and other governments to hold down their interest rates. Three euro-area nations — Greece, Ireland and Portugal — have agreed to adopt strict economic programs required by the International Monetary Fund and European leaders as the price of emergency aid.

One way or another, euro-zone taxpayers as a whole are going to end up bearing more of the burden for financing Italy and Spain — as they are doing for Greece, Ireland and Portugal. The issue is whether additional help for Italy and Spain, two of the continent’s largest economies, can be arranged without triggering another round of turbulence in global markets. With the markets distrustful of Italy and Spain, the ECB is spending billions of dollars a day to keep their interest rates at affordable levels so the two governments can continue to pay their bills. The total for the past two weeks has been estimated at $50 billion.

Chrissy17, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  11. Bushranger

Bushranger Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried to answer this 3 times but it turns into a 'very' complicated issue for me. To summarize I do believe in marriage as between a man and woman. I'll do a separate thread on this subject when I get the time.

Bushranger, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  12. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm willing to accept everything, provided you explain it in a language that makes any sense..

Take me as a child and think that my questions are childish. Now do you have straight answers?
    Are you able to answer three fairly basic questions that define economy?

Sounds like a matter of personal conflict.. I will wait for your thread.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    The Webby, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  13. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

All you need is common sense. Money is dangerous when it is printed up by a small group of people who also tell us what value it has. The value of the US dollar, the world currency, was separated from the value of gold under President Nixon. That was 1971.

That question is too big for Breeze Wood. He can not ( or refuses to ) answer it. I asked him the same question.

The leader of the central bank in charge of the US dollar does not believe that gold is money. It has been money for thousands and thousands of years... and still is.

Hey Breeze - - - cringe some more at this video. You are exposed :eek: :

[video=youtube;2NJnL10vZ1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NJnL10vZ1Y[/video]​

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
    Blue Star Ent., Aug 24, 2011 IP
  14. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Some people believe that having common sense is a disaster (Looking at you Breeze).

That question would be too big for anyone, who thinks along with the same lines of Bernanke. Saw that video before, talk about pwnage!!

The Webby, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  15. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Breeze,

I saw this and I immediately thought of you. This video format should be easy for you to understand why Keynesian economics are preferred. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;GTQnarzmTOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQnarzmTOc[/video]

Obamanation, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You keep telling yourself that. Maybe you'll start to believe it.

Mia, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  17. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guys, don't bother Breeze is a liar with no respect for the truth. He just makes shit up.

Corwin, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You had me at "Guys".

Mia, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  19. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    For those not up to date on the Administrations Policies and Principles to stimulate the economy this meeting will be of value for your lack of understanding.

Don,t worry Mia, Corwin slanders both sexes with impunity and without with cause - simply in fear of the Truth.

Breeze Wood, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  20. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:

Hey, look they included Bernanke at 7:20 !
    :eek:

[video=youtube;GTQnarzmTOc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTQnarzmTOc[/video]​

Blue Star Ent., Aug 24, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.