1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rookie mistake - Will I get my ranking back?

Discussion in 'Google' started by stephaniek, Aug 17, 2011.

Hi all,

I made a dumb mistake. I'd been setting up a new shopping cart on my site and kept it under wraps while testing. So once I turned it live, I couldn't figure out why my new pages weren't indexing. Then realized my homepage (the TLD) had disappeared from Google. Robots.txt was fine, sitemap was technically fine but Webmaster Tools said '0 urls indexed' for this sitemap...

Tonight I checked back through my cart config and found that I had it every site page set to 'noindex, nofollow'. Ugh! *bangs head against desk repeatedly*

So my question is, now that I've fixed it and resubmitted in Webmaster Tools, will I actually get back rankings like I had before for my homepage? Or will it get thrown back a bunch of pages and I have to wait on it to climb up?

Really only my index page was ranking before, but with the new and improved cart my other pages ought to start ranking better.

Should I be posting the link here? Is that ok for this section?

Thanks in advance,
    Stephanie

stephaniek, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  2. randomIntellections

randomIntellections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    don't worry it will be back to normal in a week or so when google reindexes your site.

randomIntellections, Aug 17, 2011 IP
    stephaniek likes this.
  3. stephaniek

stephaniek Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you random, I feel much better now. I think it will be in much better shape very soon.

stephaniek, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  4. carasoft

carasoft Peon

Best Answers:
    hi,

there should be no problem and you will have indexed in no time. what you should look over time is traffic that drives in.. since the pages had been changed.
    make sure you have a good seo ;)

cheers

carasoft, Aug 17, 2011 IP
    stephaniek likes this.
  5. robert84

robert84 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is no problem. Once you make the change, it will just be as if you had a brand new site that needs to be indexed.

robert84, Aug 18, 2011 IP