1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another website is stealing my content

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by The Pro, Aug 15, 2011.

I have a blog and today i found that another blog is stealing (plagiarizing) articles from my blog. i work hard and write them myself and another website is stealing them. i contacted the admin but he didn't replied and still continuing stealing. I contacted their host, they also didn't did anything. they told me it's okay to plagiarize , it's a pakistani host hostinpk.com.

now what to do :(, any suggestion for getting that site down?

The Pro, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  2. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was discussing this and others items in another forum. Even with Panda report lately, competitors can rank higher using your content. I think copy writing companies are going to become more popular. The Google algorithms have been changing. Auto programs and sites that link to them have been seeing downgrades. Copy writing content will cut down on all the duplicate to millioncate entries of the same info online. I'm sure the algorithms will continue to change to enhance users search. Its about time some of the black hat seo tactics got flushed.

globegenius, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  3. The Pro

The Pro Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am feeling bad because i am helpless. I can't do anything.

The Pro, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  4. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Copy write your content. Simple.

globegenius, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  5. ashishpatelcom

ashishpatelcom Peon

Best Answers:
    go to copyscape (google it) and find out who is stealing your content. you'll find, what to do next on their website.

however remember, fetching articles using rss feed from any website is completely legal as far as they give you the credit for it. ie. they link back to you.

Ashish Patel
    Affiliate Marketer & Blogger

ashishpatelcom, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  6. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had this problem before. I just notified the host and they took it down.

MikeLugar, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Drop some links, I can try to advise you. In theory when you post stuff first you are the only one that benefits from that. You can report it in webmaster tools as well I think. Occasionally, if folks won't cooperate and they are doing it via RSS, you can hide a post on your site but make it really scathing about them stealing stuff and stick big, huge, not safe for work image in the post so it hits their home page lol... happy to send you some links to some very distasteful stuff.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  8. the writer

the writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to play dirty with these guys. I go after the jugular, and I don't mean Google. I go after their entire website, and I've been successful. If you're interested read this, as it's the process I go through each time: http://www.imjustsharing.com/how-to-file-a-dmca-notice/

the writer, Aug 15, 2011 IP
  9. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does Pakistan follow the DMCA? What are your copyright laws? Now that the host has been notified and has refused to act, they sometimes become legally liable.

I had a host recently who tried to convince me it was OK that one of their customers copied my work because they cited my site and gave me a link. I referred them to passages on our country's copyright law from the government website as well as several university websites. That might be worth a try.

I would hit them where it hurts - Google, Amazon, or whatever other company they are using to make money. Almost every program has a terms of service which precludes using stolen content. Report them to the Google search folks and Adsense, if appropriate.

I would also start including a reference to your site in every post you write. 'Hide' the reference deep in the body of the post. Make it flow in the sentence and don't bold it or make it easy to spot. If the guy is smart he might remove it but if he doesn't, it makes claiming the content as your own much easier. If nothing else, anyone reading it will realize something isn't right with the site.

Good luck. I feel your pain. I am sick to death of these scumbags.

YMC, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  10. what

what Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried using plugins that would prevent these thieves from stealing your content again? My blog uses Wordpress and I have a few plugins that prevent right clicks, highlights, copies etc.

what, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  11. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    AFAIK it's an American thing.

I could be wrong though. Mjewel will know. 

contentboss, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  12. i-WatchMoviesFREE

i-WatchMoviesFREE Peon

Best Answers:
    Try This PLugin
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-copyprotect/

If you are using wordpress of course, which most bloggers are using, as it is the best out there

This will make it so no one can right click > copy. So no copy and paste, and no ability to get "Full Page Source"

And also , MAKE SURE you have the copyright symbol on your footer along with (Used My Site as an example. Below is what I have on footer)

© i-WatchTVShowsFREE.net - 2011 - All Rights Reserved

and you could also put along with it (if you install that plugin linked above)
    '

© i-WatchTVShowsFREE.net - 2011 - All Rights Reserved
    -Steps Are Taken Here to Protect Our Property. Copying is Prohibited

Or something along those lines

You need to have the text there to hold users accountable, which is also why you should draft a "Terms & Policies" page

i-WatchMoviesFREE, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  13. ashishpatelcom

ashishpatelcom Peon

Best Answers:
    You can also place a DMCA image in your footer from their official website :)

ashishpatelcom, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  14. The Pro

The Pro Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your support and help guys. I am now using this plugin which prevents user from right clicking and selecting text. The ironical thing is, he being the plagiarizer is using DMCA logo in his website footer. He has not copied content from my website but also from many websites. What I did is I sent an email to those websites also for which they thanked me. When I contacted host he game me a silly reason " his mother has died yesterday thats why he is unable to remove content". Thats Shame and unprofessional for that host.

The Pro, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  15. shanrocks1234

shanrocks1234 Member

Best Answers:
    make dmca complain

shanrocks1234, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  16. Davey Mars

Davey Mars Peon

Best Answers:
    Rogue, offshore, China/Russia hosts etc don't give a damn about your DCMA and copyright.
    Copyscape helps, creating images out of text helps, and I'd certainly use that plugin above.

Crying about it *really* doesn't help. Not being a jerk but just do more of what works for you - I wouldn't spend more that 5% of my time on this unless, for example, I had highly unique articles and nobody else had the information.

Davey Mars, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  17. professorrosado

professorrosado Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you ascertained how they are stealing your articles? If it's through the rss feed - then change your site's rss feed to one that would send out content that promotes your website! That way - let them steal it! By the time they go and check out their website, it'll be full of articles that tell everyone to visit your website! Reverse Backlinking! And it will be different content than what you have on your site so no penalty. Use it the best you can for your benefit!

professorrosado, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  18. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent point. This article gives some suggestions on Maximizing the Benefits of RSS Feeds.

YMC, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  19. istanakunang

istanakunang Peon

Best Answers:
    is that an autoblogging? copying the conten automatically

istanakunang, Aug 17, 2011 IP
  20. The Pro

The Pro Active Member

Best Answers:
    No they are not copying the content through RSS. They have cropped my watermarks on from my article images and posted them. They have also replaced any occurrence of my my site name with theirs. In some posts they copied the whole article but modified the title. They are doing intentionally.

The Pro, Aug 18, 2011 IP