1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Not enough people give you +rep for help..

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Chuckun, Aug 16, 2011.

I realise that there's not a lot you can do about this Shawn, but I just feel the need to say it really; hopefully people will take notice. All I can suggest to Shawn is to put reminders somewhere about using the rep button instead of making 'thanks' replies.

When someone helps you on a forum, you thank them somehow.. Some forums have a Thanks button, others have a rep system..

It's common courtesy to give people a token of your appreciation if they help you out.. And that's what the rep system here is for.

Too many people make lame "Thanks" posts which ultimately end up in an infraction anyway. Just spread the love guys! I know I'm not the only one who feels this.

When someone helps me I give rep. It's my way of saying thanks, and showing that they're helpful by adding to their visual reputation.

/rant.

Chuckun, Aug 16, 2011 IP
  2. saladflorida

saladflorida Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I only got one thanks so far lol

saladflorida, Aug 16, 2011 IP
    Chuckun likes this.
  3. gyahoo

gyahoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Similar thoughts like me. I feel the same, i share coupons in vouchers forums and giving away freebies many time, but sadly, no good rep by people. However I have noticed that few old members still appreciate people by giving rep.

gyahoo, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  4. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree.
    I've gotten plenty of thanks but a +rep only comes 1 time out of 100 or so.

A suggestion would be to make the +rep button bigger and have it stand out with a different color (orange/blue/green or something)
    so that people can more easily spot it and use it.

Kinda like this one I just edited a bit in Photoshop, but of course smaller and not ripped of Facebook. :p

rep.gif

Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
    Wulkanen, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  5. Cucumba123

Cucumba123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just +rep-ed you for bringing this up ;)

Cucumba123, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  6. Chuckun

Chuckun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I feel your pain.. And it really is only the oldies that bother.. >.<

This is what I was thinking.. We need more attention to the rep system.. The 'best answer' feature was unseen by many until the notice was displayed to remind them of the feature.. I feel that the rep system is neglected not just through laziness but through ignorance too.. I don't think everyone knows it's there..

Thanks ;) I feared that people may think I was making this thread purely to get REP but I really wasn't.. I feel that the rep system is the ultimate 'thank you' - not only does it show appreciation but it builds you a publically acknowledged reputation that you can be seen as a good person for.. I think it needs to be used properly!

EDIT: It also makes much sense to use the rep system since 'Thanks' posts are disallowed here..

Chuckun, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  7. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I still get rep i just need post moar .

ApocalypseXL, Aug 20, 2011 IP
  8. Chuckun

Best Answers:
    I had to LOL at the two idiots who actually took the time to NEGATIVE rep me for making this topic. I really don't care what my rep is here, so you douches failed, people know I'm a helpful guy. I was merely pointing out that giving someone +rep is a nice way of saying thanks.

Chuckun, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  9. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some people are stupid.
    They must have thought you were asking for +rep or something.

Wulkanen, Aug 22, 2011 IP
  10. Chuckun

Best Answers:
    Yeah they did :p

"Asking for rep is not nice" - How clever of them to not even consider that this is a genuine plea for simple courtesy :L

Chuckun, Aug 22, 2011 IP