1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Starcraft 2 Tournament Website - Run tournaments make money

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Destx, Aug 9, 2011.

If you are a Starcraft 2 fan and you really love the game this would be a great way to get even deeper. This site has a great concept of running tournaments, offering coaching, posting replay reviews, and having jounral entries for low level players (which is 80%+ of SC2).

I was a fool and started this website just before entering the job market and now that I am working full time I can not possibly make this site great or show it the time it deserves.

Some site info:
    How old: ~32 days
    Members: 300+
    Staff: Tournament organizer, writers, coaches (the staff may or may not stay with the site based on the buyer)
    Ads: Never added ads because I felt the site was to young, although it would be easy to add as its already coded, you just have to add a adsense ID
    Advertising: Very easy and free
    How to get staff: also easy and free

Site comes with: domain, 1 year of hosting, forum license, ownership of all custom coding, ownership of all videos, media, articles, journals, rights to logo.

If you buy this site I will show you how to easily recruit staff members and how to get a lot of traffic for free. If you put at least 15 hours a week into this site I know it will hit over 1000 views a day easily.

stats.jpg

How the site makes money: All you have to do is run tournaments for this site to be profitable, which are also easy and free to run/operate/recruit people. If you run (4) 32 man tournaments a month at a $5 buyin you will make over $100 depending on the cut you take. I always took a $40 cut from a $160 prize pool and still had the site fill up. The site ran some tournaments before it started so that is why I show the monthly revenue at $20 since I made that money before the site. We also offered some free entry tournies to help gain awareness. I will also go into this in much more detail if you buy the site basically holding your hand on how to succesfully run a tournament and recruit people to play in it.

PM me or Post with any questions. If you buy the site I will give you 10 hours of my time to teach you how to run the site.

Also note the owner of this site will be setup with key people in the industry which will be invaluable going forward, this will be discussed in detail with the winner.

Destx, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  2. Destx

Destx Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Dropped reserve and BIN.

Destx, Aug 16, 2011 IP