1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has your Adsense earnings Dropped since Last Year?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by readezarchive, Aug 12, 2011.

I've noticed over the past couple years that my earnings have gone up because more advertisers in my niche, but my Pay-Per-Click has lowered. This has happened within the past month or two. Lately, I have focused on optimizing my adsense ads to increase my clickthrough-rate and have improved clicks considerably. One of my affiliate ads gets 50% CTR with 10% conversions. My adsense ads gets about 10% CTR, but the pay-per click is less than half of what it was 6 months ago.

One thing I did to increase my pay-per click was remove all of my direct competitors from the adsense competitive site filter. My click-through rate dropped to .07% an I'm only getting a fraction of the clicks, but my pay-per click has gone up 10x so I'm making about 20% more earnings.

The great thing about it is only a few visitors are leaving my site to click my adsense ads and they rest are browsing and sharing my content. Before, when I had my competitors advertising on Adsense, over half of my traffic was going to my competitor sites and I was earning a little less.

What is your experience with adsense earnings? Has the PPC in your niched dropped or increased over the past year?

readezarchive, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  2. SSC

SSC Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen a decline in P.P.C and i think the reason behind this is Global economic slowdown.

not too long, the whole economy was hit by recession and still advertisers are not bidding much or else publishers would be earning more from P.P.C.
    that's just my personal thought and i might be wrong on this.

SSC, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  3. thesickearth

thesickearth Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes both my ctr and earnings are falling...

thesickearth, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  4. dary5ro

dary5ro Member

Best Answers:
    My adsense earnings dropped since last months, but the reason in my case is a drop in traffic.

dary5ro, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  5. zhb

zhb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Possibly your traffic is also dropping... If not, then you should use Adsense filters to remove low paying ads from your blog.

zhb, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  6. readezarchive

readezarchive Active Member

Best Answers:
    Crazy thing is my Traffic has tripled in the last year.

readezarchive, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  7. masked

masked Active Member

Best Answers:
    my earnings has gone up to a very great extent over past one year , its just about experimenting new things and new ideas

masked, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  8. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes my cpc dropped a little, but mostly it's due to loss of traffic, so 2011 will be less than 2010, but still, we're in august and the total is already near the total of 2009, so it is still an increase over 2 years.

JamesColin, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  9. dary5ro

dary5ro Member

Best Answers:
    On my site I see almost the same advertisers day by day and I'm pleased if the ecpm is at least 1 euro!
    If the ecpm drops under 1 euro I find the new advertiser who invaded my website and of course he joins the ban list.
    The problem is that I already have more than 200 urls banned and the list grows every week :(

dary5ro, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  10. Ranzuken

Ranzuken Peon

Best Answers:
    I've actually been increasing in adsense earnings.

Just think outside the box and you can reach that 4 figures per week =]

Ranzuken, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  11. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think with adsense the trick is to always stay and find out what Google is doing and make sure that your site is within those rules. If it is then just find other ways to promote it and I agree about Ranzuken said with thinking outside of the box with adsense.

DreamingBig, Aug 13, 2011 IP
  12. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually the cpc seems dropping every year, the cpc is much lower compare to few years ago

lifeplayer, Aug 14, 2011 IP