1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling 10 Year Old P2P File Sharing Community - ENDS TODAY

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Projected-skye, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Description
    Here we have a large, Established File Sharing and Digital Media oriented community for sale.
    This is a recent revival project of mine, which I have no longer have the time to run.

Overview:
    Established 10 Years ago and still going strong, the site has more potential now than ever. I have been a part of this community for many years before finally taking over the site in December 2009.

At the time of writing Google Webmaster Tools reports a fantastic 59,465 indexed pages. The result of a nice SEO package over the last year or so.

Current Google PageRank of 4.

Articles from our News Page also appear in Google News. This brings quite a few visitors and wider exposure.

High ranking in search engines for a vast number of search terms/keywords.

Site is currently hosted in Houston, Texas.

Domain Name:

I think you will agree that the domain name for this site is pretty unique. It is now 10 years old and is a gem all by itself. 2 extra, established, keyword rich domains will also be included in this sale. See "Included in Sale" for more info.

Forum Stats:

Threads: 57,418+
    Members: 78K+

Included In The Sale:

- vBulletin Publishing Suite License (value $285)
    - vBseo License (Value $149)
    - Gravity Insights (Realtime Analytics Subscription)
    - All files, content, images, contacts etc
    - 14 Days hosting so you can find/prepare your server for the move.
    - Twitter Page with 256 Followers
    - FaceBook Page with 760 Fans

Special Extras Also Included In The Sale!

Established, High Value, Keyword Rich Domain Name.

P2PForums.com - Registered 2003

2nd Established Website & Domain

FileSharingHelp.com - Registered 2004 - We bought this site with plans to merge it into UniteTheCows and redirect the domain. Lack of time never allowed this to happen. Last I checked, this site was getting around 5,000 - 6,000 unique visitors per month. We have not even had the chance to remove the original owners Google Adsense ad's. No doubt there would be an additional small income from this site.

Branded/Personalized iPhone App!
    Branded/Personalized Android App!

This site has huge potential. If you have a little time on you hands you will earn a lot more from this site than me. My circumstances simply don't allow the time to make this site what it should be.

Revenue Details:

There are a few different revenue streams for this site, they include;

- Google Adsense
    - Private Advertisers
    - Affiliate Adverts
    - Mobile Ads

Google Adsense

I must admit that we have been lazy with our implementation of ads. We pretty much dropped Adsense in some default locations offered by our software product and left it like that. In April 2011, we decided to experiment with different ad locations, as a result of this you see the earnings drop a little around that time in the screenshots provided. May is seeing the increase in revenue again and will likely return to normal in a few weeks.

Private Advertisers

We regularly get interest from Private Advertisers. We are currently running an ad for a Private advertiser which we charged $100 per month for. This particular campaign is running for 2 months (ie $200). This is a prime location in the header, I have no doubt you could charge more for this location.

Affiliate Adverts

We run an advert for a Leading USENET (newsgroup) provider. They pay per signup, we have never really pushed this product, again a lack of time on our part is the issue. The provider will bend over backwards to help you promote them and earn some $$'s. We have also been contacted by other market leading newgroups providers, I will tell the new owner who this is and they can choose which, if any, of the companies they wish to use.

Mobile Ads

We have the option to ad mobile ads to the our personalized iPhone and Android applications. We have not yet done this, however the mobile browsing has exploded in the last few years and you are guaranteed to make some extra cash if you add some adverts to these mobile applications. Both applications are ready for ads and these can be easily implemented.

Total Revenue For May (So far)

Private Ad's = $200
    Adsense = $220 (rough conversion from UK Pounds)

Total = $420

Note that Adsense earnings are normally higher than this, as mentioned earlier we have been experimenting with ad placements. I am also confident this site can make a lot more than we are currently making. A simple implementation of Viglink would boost revenue significantly.

More info supplied via screenshots

Adsense Revenue Only for June 2011 = $240

Traffic DetailsTraffic Stats:

Most traffic is Organic (from search engines). We have also built up a decent amount of referral traffic over the years. We offer an RSS Feed of our news, this generates some of this referral traffic.

Usually between 60,000 & 80,000 uniques per month

Detailed stats are attached.

Projected-skye, Aug 12, 2011 IP
  2. andkil

andkil Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 2
  3. Projected-skye

Projected-skye Member