1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is there a polite way to untag yourself?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by webarcher, Aug 10, 2011.

We all have them. The picture happy facebook friend. You know, the one who brings their iphone to a bbq and before you know it, the next day you have 47 pics of you eating a hotdog with extra mayo. Is there any polite way to untag yourself from the many pics? Is there a way to keep your name on the pic but just not be tagged? What is the protocol?

webarcher, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  2. fm1234

fm1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    I almost immediately untag myself from everything, not just from pictures, but from status messages, notes, links, whatever. I never ask and I never comment -- I just go do it and move on. In the couple of years on Facebook I've never had anybody even mention this, including people who tag me again and again in their notes. Actually, my wife got a little uppity when I untagged myself from our wedding photos, but aside from that I think most people don't even notice. If anyone ever brings it up to me, my plan has been to simply say I don't like being tagged in stuff I didn't post, even if it's about me or a picture of me etc. -- but as fate would have it, I've never even had to explain it.

fm1234, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  3. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You tagged yourself from your wedding photos? lol nice touch.

JPMiddleton, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  4. fm1234

fm1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm hardcore yo :cool:

Everybody who knows me, and/or knows my wife, knows who the fat giant holding her hand in the picture is. I mean really, wedding pictures in particular hardly need tags.

fm1234, Aug 20, 2011 IP
  5. LouC

LouC Member

Best Answers:
    Just untag, I don't think the person will be hurt, especially if he is tagging you to something irrelevant and quite spammy

LouC, Aug 21, 2011 IP