1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling PR3 Message Board, 3500 uniques/mo, Prominent Search Engine Placings, Active Forums

Discussion in 'Sites' started by TYPELiFE, May 17, 2011.

GoogleChromeBoard.com (GCB) is a message board devoted to supporting users of the Google Chrome software and encourage community sharing of custom Google Chrome extensions and Google Chrome themes. GCB was launched the same day that Google Chrome was released and has been a resource for Google Chrome users since. It has garnered large internet media attention (has been featured on Mashable, etc) and holds prominent SEO listings for its niche.

Recently, the community has become even more engaging, extension and theme authors come to share their creations for feedback, and I don't have the time to continue managing the community at this pace. It currently uses 564 MB of disk space and takes anywhere from 1GB to 2GB of transfer a month (usually closer to the 1GB range) and is pretty cost effective to maintain.

It currently runs on SMF (http://www.simplemachines.org/) which uses PHP and a MySQL database. It also hosts some files, mostly original versions of Google Chrome themes before Google created their own place to upload and share themes.

Included with the sale:
    * GoogleChromeBoard.com domain name
    * GoogleChromeBoard.com content, this includes the MySQL database and pretty much everything that is web-visible and in the public_html directory.
    * I will help the buyer in every way that I can to get the domain and the entire site transferred to a new webhost. My obligation to the buyer is not complete until the site has been transferred and is fully functional on its new host. Once the site had been moved I will continue to be available for technical support if needed for 30 days. I will guide the buyer through the inner workings of the site if needed. Basically, if the buyer has any experience with websites it will be an simple transfer, but even if the buyer is new to website ownership I will make sure they are comfortable with all aspects before cutting ties. If desired, the buyer may hire my services beyond the included 30 days.
    Contact Information:

Revenue Details

Currently uses AdBrite with minimal placement and generates about a dollar a month. With better ad placement to users coming directly from the search engines this site could be very profitable. Buyer should have experience monetizing websites to capitalize on the "workhorse" this website is.

Traffic Details

Google Analytics:

3,754 Visitors / month
    9,747 Pageviews / month
    00:00:56 Average time on site
    66.69% Bounce rate
    93.42% New visits

Board Information:

913 Posts
    394 Topics
    6,702 Members

TYPELiFE, May 17, 2011 IP
  2. sameer-sj

sameer-sj Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hi,

if i were to buy this site, will i ever run into problems with google over the domain? isn't that copyrighted, please let me know as i am interested.

regards,
    SJ

sameer-sj, May 17, 2011 IP
  3. TYPELiFE

TYPELiFE Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Because the website does not offer a product and is strictly a support area and community forum FOR the users of Google's Chrome software, no. Actually, it looks like by their updated guidelines, I need to add the TM symbol after Google Chrome, which I'll add in tonight.

TYPELiFE, May 17, 2011 IP
  4. matthewpomar

matthewpomar Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Is this site still for sale?

matthewpomar, Aug 10, 2011 IP