1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Development of a full eCommerce site

Discussion in 'Programming' started by thebaron, Aug 9, 2011.

Development of a full eCommerce site
    ------------------------------------

Please read the following specification carefully if you would like to quote for it.

Quoting for this job:
    --------------------
    We'd like quotes for this work.
    1. You'll need a good iTrader.
    2. You must be currently available to do the work, not tied up with other projects. We need the first phase of the site to be done within a week or 10 days.
    3. You must be skilled and fast PHP coder to do this work.
    4. Required skills: HTML, PHP, MySQL, Javascript. Ajax would be useful, though not essential.
    5. Please don't ask for any advance payment. However, when I see some work done, I'll be happy to pay something. We can agree a schedule of payments prior to your start.
    6. You should be available by skype, and the occasional telephone call (I may need to call you). You need to be readily available - we cannot have large segments of time during the day when you cannot communicate through skype.

Overview:
    ----------
    Ezeebeds.com aims to be the premier online bed dealer in the UK.
    It will be a fully eCommerce site with payments made through sagepay in the UK.
    No CMS needed. We currently have an attempt at a wordpress version which we find too constricting.
    The site will list bed furniture for sale and be selectable into an online shopping cart.
    Successful orders and their details should be recorded in a folder /orders password protected.  
    The bed furniture should be divided into categories and sub-categories, such as Mattresses, Bed Frames, Childrens Beds, etc.
    The menus should be formatted into selectable categories and types, like that in bensonsforbeds.co.uk.
    When a customer selects the kinds of beds he is interested in, the resulting page will show the list of beds in price order, which can be changed on the page to a number of orders.
    After this initial effort in getting the site up and running, we'll need your asistance with ongoing changes and improvements, so there will be ongoing work and funding for that work.

Design:
    -------
    1. The current design on the URL is accceptable to us.
    2. You can use the same logo and the same look and feel. We have the pantone colour if needed. If you think you can improve it, then that would be great. 3. You'll need to provide space for us to enter text and graphics on each page that isn't products. So the front page will be largely empty space, although some details will come through as you are developing. Whatever we're able to provide you as page detail will be included in this scope, but whatever comes after completion will be extra work for which you can charge us, or we may do it ourselves. You'll need to clearly define the areas of the page which we can add content too. We have some ability too, so it doesn't need to be too easy.
    4. We do not require a CMS. We can enter the necessary code into the pages directly and upload through ftp.

Architecture:
    ------------
    1. The code must be clean and well written. It needs to be followable by other developers, with lots of comments to assist. We appreciate code that is properly indented and efficient.
    2. Any common code segments need to be 'included' as external elements, such as the header and footer.
    3. The folder structure needs to be clear and easy to follow.
    4. I don't really like the smarty framework, unless it's strongly preferred by you.
    5. Not wordpress. It's too constraining.

Detail:
    ------
    1. Control Panel: The control panel should be able to hold and define the following information:
    (a) password to enter the orders system
    (b) max number of products to show per page
    (c) which products are featured products (by product ID)

2. Pages: The site should have a Home page, About Us, Contact Us, Returns, Terms & Conditions, Mission, Site Map, RSS Feed for all products, and then a page for each category of bed product. Subsequent pages within each product category (for where there are too many to show for one page) will be defined dynamically to show more products that that defined in 1(a).

3. Menus: The menu should have a selectable sub-section as with bensonsforbeds.co.uk. The chosen sub-categories will then result in a page that shows the products for all sub-categories chosen. The menu will consist of the pages defined in (2) above.

4. Database: You should use a MySQl database. The database will be populated for *PRODUCTS* by me, via our Excel sheet. You can construct your own tables within that DB for orders. The table name for products will be called 'products'. All I need from you is confirmation of the table schema.

5. Orders: The orders system should have a capacity to select a courier and have a way to send an email to a customer providing the tracking number and tracking URL, with a message that is configurable within the system. The system should send an email to the customer after checking that an email exists and is well formed. Show the most recent 50 orders with the rest shown on subsequent dynamic pages.

6. The site should have scrolling pictures at the top of every page defined in (2) above that scroll through the featured products as defined in 1(c). There should be one static picture for the checkout pages.

7. The path for all *product* pictures should be easy to follow and common throughout the site. Something like ezeebeds.com/{product name}/{product picture 1} (along with other pictures in that folder for the same product). Each product should have it's own folder for it's pictures, which name should be it's product ID.

8. The pictures per product will be in two sizes - small(thumbnail) and large. Each product will have it's own page which should be operated through the htaccess file and have the structure ezeebeds.com/bedprod-{product name}.htm.

9. Checkout pages: Most eCommerce sites have too many checkout pages. We just need the following pages: (a) address entry with an option to copy over the billing address to the delivery address, telephone and email and any comments. It'll just be UK delivery, so no need for other countries. ALso show the shopping cart contents on this page, and our contact details. (b) confirm these details and be able to proceed through to SagePay to pay for it. (c) provide a success URL and a failure URL with as many details as you can obtain through SagePay

Any questions - please PM me. I'm fair and always pay quickly and when we've agreed. I will depend on you in the future, so I'll be sure to work with you with honesty and integrity.

thebaron, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  2. ifreakz

ifreakz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    I don't think wordpress is a smart choice for this. Why don't you go for a Custom made cart or stuff like Magento? The advanced search filter etc can be very smoothly built with that. Let us know if you are willing to switch. Looking forward to establish a business relationship soon,.

ifreakz, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  3. lisa-ascent

lisa-ascent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would like to prfere you magento or Os-commerce if you would like to add more content with your product go with joomla and virtue mart for more details and discuss with us please join us on skype : martin.webdeveloper and for more details about us check our url in my profile

lisa-ascent, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  4. thebaron

thebaron Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    ifreakz
    The post makes it very clear that I don't want to use wordpress. 

All
    eCommerce software is OK if that's what you want to use - but I'd prefer coding from scratch and a bought || coded || free, shopping cart, like nopcart.

thebaron, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  5. thebaron

thebaron Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Magenta seems to be a common architecture - but reports say it's complex

thebaron, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  6. bm4web

bm4web Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    So can we use Oscommerce???? i have lots of experience on that...

bm4web, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  7. abmathur

abmathur Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @ifreakz and others who say wordpress is constraining than please revise you skills, it can scale as high as you can scale it; I have built huge eComm websites on WP and they work good. Magento and some similar ones are great software but for people who do not have requirement of bulk load of functions are better off with WP (& btw above 80% of the custom written codes are more prone to hacks than WP). I would have loved to do this one for you but am currently taken up with other projects but please do consider WP its far safer than custom solution unless you are dealing with coder who is able to continually update and secure things for you.

abmathur, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  8. ifreakz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Right. I will send u Project Proposal for a shopping cart from scratch then. Will send through Private message. Further i have added you over skype. Please check the proposal in detail and send feedback.

ifreakz, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  9. jagan123

jagan123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lol, OScommerce? A decade old.
    Magento is complex and advanced features cost a ton.

@baron:
    If you looking to get a ecommerce cart coded from scratch you 'll have less luck in DP ;)
    I suggest you take a look (demo)  with opencart, tomato cart - free.
    For a little price, the best one I find is to be cs-cart

jagan123, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  10. ifreakz

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Take a look at his required features. Opencart is good,i recommend to my clients also but some things dont work out unless you go custom :)

ifreakz, Aug 10, 2011 IP