1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Dmoz Submission worth?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by eric_wahlberg, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi,

As you know 5 or 6 years back link from Dmoz plays a big role in getting high rank in Search engine?

My Question is that is it worth it nowadays.

Is submission to Dmoz still important?

eric_wahlberg, Jun 27, 2011 IP
  2. C.Rebecca

C.Rebecca Active Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ directory is amongst the major directories and it is still very important from SEO stand point.

But getting listed on DMOZ is not an easy task. You can try with your submission.

C.Rebecca, Jun 29, 2011 IP
  3. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That would depend on where they're standing. ;)

CReed, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  4. brainmasterinfo

brainmasterinfo Member

Best Answers:
    Dmoz is one of the prime and quality directory resource to boost any website ranking.

brainmasterinfo, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  5. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ "was" worthy years ago but nowadays, its almost impossible to get your site listed/approved in that directory.

If you would ask me, I would put my efforts somewhere; where I can expect "least" results, not somewhere; where I don't see anything coming.

Just my 2 cents.

biztrendz, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  6. jehzlau

jehzlau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Biztrendz is right. There are only a few directories with active editors. So if you're site is submitted to a directory with inactive editors, then you'll have wait for 100 years to almost forever before your site will be listed in DMOZ. O_O

jehzlau, Jul 11, 2011 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  7. muddassir

muddassir Peon

Best Answers:
    how many times we can submit same site in DMOZ until it get listed and how much time it will take?

muddassir, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  8. Big0ne

Big0ne Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you get approved, it's worth 30sec that probably took you filling those forms. But no much more than that.

Big0ne, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  9. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once. Read the submission guidelines that you agreed.
    We don't know. It ranges from a few days to a few years.

jimnoble, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  10. sunilmamo

sunilmamo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be worth it if they actually approve or reject their submissions within some specific time-frame, instead of leaving those who submitted out in the cold.

sunilmamo, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  11. biztrendz

biztrendz Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends how much $$$ you are ready to offer.

You might be thinking that DMOZ is a "free" directory. Well, I don't know about other SEOs but I can tell you one thing for sure, if you "really" want to get listed (which is not worthy at all), then you have to spend few bucks.

See for yourself: As of now, DMOZ has 4,906,919 sites & 91,972 editors. Now if you would distribute these sites to the number of editors available, each editor would endup with 53 sites for approval/rejection. Now how much time do you think they need to edit 53 sites; one day, two days, seven days, thirty days or 365 days? I know one thing that none of my websites are approved during the last two years in DMOZ.

Enjoy!

biztrendz, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  12. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ has 30000 to 50000 sites go dead each month. No one cares! It is the worst site on the Internet for anything but garbage. Volunteers are more like guardians who have an agenda to protect their friends and they reject anyone with an expertise as prejudice and incapable of judging validity of a site.

I have not bothered with them since the turn of the century and have only seen their listings get worse.

Besides, it really does nothing for page rank or link backs except for 1 backlink if you find someone who does not find your site threatening to the sites they protect there.

Guisbar, Jul 12, 2011 IP
    helleborine likes this.
  13. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If, in your opinion, submitting to directories is worthy of your time, then yes, submitting to the ODP is well worth it (at least as worthy as any other directory). However, if you are not bothering with directories in general, then move on (or at most, submit once & move on).

Qryztufre, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  14. forumax

forumax Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Dmoz link count alot but it is really impossible to include a link in the Dmoz. Sorry to say but Dmoz think every website a spam excluding those products which they have their own country product lolz. funny but true.. Because i am doing work in this industry from last 6 years. I have several website on education, study abroad, sports, medicine, industrial reports, online business and same like this many others but do you believe guys i am sorry Dmoz but its true these gays are as much lazy as nobody they don't want to do any work they use to create suspense all over the web and forums and don't accept a website... sorry again but it is the fact which i see.

forumax, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  15. abrakatabra83

abrakatabra83 Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to be an editor there many years back. Tbh i didnt like the way they operated (in a very un-open way) but in any case a link from there was worth something, not sure how much it is worth now, but im sure it is worth something still (even though it may be less than before).

My advice is to just submit your site and forget about it. Or... you can apply to become an editor and submit your own site. This was acceptable back in my days.

abrakatabra83, Jul 31, 2011 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  16. peterpaul877

peterpaul877 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Dmoz is the best directory it's provide the best quality backlink for your website.

peterpaul877, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  17. Anika_f

Anika_f Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, yes. To be listed in DMOZ is also a kind of quality indicator. For example: There are many sites, which will never be listed in DMOZ because of their low content quality. No matter how old they are or how often they submit to DMOZ. It is more than logic that a search engines like Google will consider this "filter" in their rankings.

Anika_f, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  18. DR_GIGGULS

DR_GIGGULS Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's important but better submit your websites there and then forget that you've done so. There's a big chance that you won't ever get listed.

DR_GIGGULS, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  19. technodiscount24

technodiscount24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Find somebody who can post your Website to DMOZ? They are many companys they promisse you that your site will be listed in DMOZ but you have to pay for that.

technodiscount24, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  20. tabletpc2011

tabletpc2011 Peon

Best Answers:
    we have two websites in dmoz, but there is no much impact for them . So I doubt about it .

tabletpc2011, Aug 9, 2011 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.