1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Price this Script

Discussion in 'Programming' started by gugubee557, Aug 7, 2011.

Hello,
    I need a script done, but would like to know how much it would cost to make. Basically, I would like a script where, like on Facebook, you could set up an account and add people in your friends list (I can find a Facebook clone script and have you edit it). But instead of those status things, wall, etc., you could be able to talk live with your friends (like on Skype). So basically, you would be able to :

1. Create an account
    2. Search for friends and have them in your friends list (the user on the other side needs to accept the request in other to have the person in their friends list)
    3. Browse through your friends list and be able to send an invite to talk with the other user, like on Skype.

I would need a price on this script. Message me if you need more info.
    Thanks,
    Matt

gugubee557, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  2. Andre91

Andre91 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like something www.facebook.com already does. :confused: Lol.

Anything that deals with chatting online is gonna cost you.
    Personally, I'd charge you $400 to create such a script.
    Not bad if you consider chatting scripts must be well designed also, else you may end up in a bandwidth nightmare.

Andre91, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  3. brentb

brentb Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no clue how to code something like that but if you paid me 100k, I would learn how to code it just for you!

Let me know if you are interested in hiring me for your project.... ;)

brentb, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  4. Andre91

Andre91 Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said, $400 bucks and I'll fix you up. But 100k to market the site afterwards would still be slavery. Cuz like I said, www.Facebook.com already does this :D

Andre91, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  5. gugubee557

gugubee557 Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook does this ? Never heard of that option there...

gugubee557, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  6. Thorlax402

Thorlax402 Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook has a live chat feature for you to communicate with other online friends. But I can do this for you as well if you like. My only question is do you have a designer or will I be making the forms, etc on my own?

Thorlax402, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  7. gugubee557

gugubee557 Member

Best Answers:
    By chat, I meant vocal chat.

8. Thorlax402

Thorlax402 Member

Best Answers:
    Ahhh...was not aware of that. That is something I cannot do unfortunately. Sorry

9. gugubee557

gugubee557 Member

Best Answers:
    Okay. How much would you charge for the same script but with text chat instead ?

10. Thorlax402

Thorlax402 Member

Best Answers:
    Again, it would depend on if you needed a design for it or if I was strictly making a simple script for it. I can create a user management system and include the ability to add friends for roughly $200. I can then create a live chat toolbar to be put on any page for an extra $50. I can also incorporate it into a coded or uncoded psd template for an additional $50-$150 respectively.

11. gviger

gviger Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you need social Social Network for milions of users or some simple script for lets say 1k users?

gviger, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  12. gugubee557

gugubee557 Member

Best Answers:
    Basically, I would like to create a Network for my school and then gradually expend from 1 school to 5, and so on, while adding new features.

gugubee557, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  13. Thorlax402

Thorlax402 Member

Best Answers:
    So you want to start it off limited to your school and then continue expanding the network....sounds like facebook haha. If you have a design for me to work with then I am available. Sounds like a cool project.

Thorlax402, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  14. gugubee557

gugubee557 Member

Best Answers:
    By design, do you mean a PSD template ? Other than that, this is a huge project that I have dreamt of since my childhood, and I have many unused ideas in my mind for this. Thing is, I suck at coding.

gugubee557, Aug 10, 2011 IP
  15. Andre91

Andre91 Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything stated by the OP sounds like something Facebook has done already :confused:
    Not to mention, he want wants to start off with a school and expand to other schools, Facebook?? :rolleyes:
    Think outside the box OP ;)

Andre91, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  16. gugubee557

gugubee557 Member

Best Answers:
    Okay. For the billion time, I know this sounds like Facebook. Alright, the idea I want to start from is exactly like Facebook. I have a school project this year where I can do anything and I'd like to administrate a website for it. I want to start with a basic website, and as I get more money from work, I want to add more functions that do not exist online anywhere else. I have many of these ideas but I know they are going to cost a lot, that's why I want to start with a basic website and upgrade as time passes by. With this said, please don't tell me it looks like FB again. Thanks.

gugubee557, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  17. Thorlax402

Thorlax402 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I was referring to a PSD template. Considering the size of the project that is the best place to start. Unfortunately I am no good at designing, but I can code a psd->xhtml and then make the site have the functionality you need. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you a quote.

Thorlax402, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  18. gugubee557

gugubee557 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't need a fancy template at first, so anything will do, really. I'm interested for the quote aswell. Remember this is only a price check. I need to get the authorization from my school before starting the project and I won't pay this myself, since some sponsors will finance the project.

19. Thorlax402

Thorlax402 Member

Best Answers:
    Is this high school or college? Sounds like a pretty cool opportunity your school is giving you. Anyway, my quotes above were close to correct. Here are my overall projections.

Design: $25-$150
    - You may not think it, but someone has to design what you want the page to look like. Premade templates are cheap if you find one you like, but unlikely for something like this. Custom would run $100+.
    PSD->HTML: $25-$75
    - Varies if you have multiple different content pages or if you want cool effects.
    Back end Development: $200+
    - By far the longest of the processes. This requires someone with a lot of knowledge establishing and creating database connections and incorporating all the features you want. I'd say based on what you want then $200 is a bare minimum for the work.

I am available for the 2nd and 3rd aspects of the work when the time comes, but not the 1st. I would be able to give you a discount for hiring me for both as most people should. There are also a lot of people that can do all 3 if you would like that.

These are also very rough estimates so don't think of them as exact prices.

Thorlax402, Aug 11, 2011 IP
  20. gugubee557

gugubee557 Member

Best Answers:
    For 200$, what features would you give me ?