1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO Plugin All in One vs. Yoast

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by wisedave, Aug 6, 2011.

?

What SEO plug in would you recommend

1. All in One SEO

41.7%
  2. Yoast Wordpress SEO

33.3%
  3. Other - Please list

25.0%
    Hello,

I have a new Word Press site that is a pure virgin...it was litteraly just installed.

I have been looking at plugins and specifically ones for SEO. The tried and true is All in One SEO...but what this one from Yoast? I have trolled some blogs and am getting mixed reviews. Some have tried it and bailed, other praise it for the amount of traffic their sites have now.

What are your thoughts on this? I want to avoid installed one and then having to migrate to the other.

Thanks for the help and direction,

Dave

wisedave, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  2. JPMiddleton

JPMiddleton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All in one, every time.

JPMiddleton, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  3. MuseHack

MuseHack Member

Best Answers:
    Dave, You may not want this vote :~) but I use both depending on the site it is being used for and what I want to do. Sorry, but voting is not possible in this case.

I do not see one as being better than the other; I see both as having useful features. The feature set that is best for the given site should determine selection, and not familiarity with, nor preference for, a plugin. Both have provided me with page 1 SERPs results.

MuseHack, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  4. wisedave

wisedave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey MH,

What differents styles of sites would you use each for? To be more specific, the site I have is a site that sells training in the U.K. (we are U.K. based).

Thanks for the input.

Cheers,

Dave

wisedave, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  5. MuseHack

MuseHack Member

Best Answers:
    Dave, I was convinced by All-In-One years ago, and Yoast is new, but Joost has demonstrated his expertise vividly - his site is a goldmine.

For sites that are static and more simplistic, I left All-In-One on them and still use it for quick site building. For sites with more information, more authoritative, I use Yoast.

Yoast eliminated three plugins I was using, but is much more complex to set up. If you are doing one site, it's Yoast. If you are doing a lot of sites, then you can mix and match by how large and complex the site will eventually be, because changing once you have started is difficult. When you are paying employees, less features mean faster results, especially when the extra features are not needed for a site.

MuseHack, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  6. c0la

c0la Guest

Best Answers:
    I am using platinum seo, i think its better :)

c0la, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  7. ajobjon

ajobjon Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't like SEO plugins . i like SEO friendly Theme .... :)

ajobjon, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  8. wisedave

wisedave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey MH,

Thanks for the feedback. I would say the site is more than a basic static site....it has over 50 pages of information regarding the services and products we offer. Even though All in One is a popular plugin, I have heard that the Yoast SEO plugin does a great job.

You mentioned you were able to get rid of a few plugins by installing Yoast....what did you remove?

Many thanks,

Dave

wisedave, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  9. tarakesh.rao

tarakesh.rao Peon

Best Answers:
    I havnt found SEO plugins of any use

Just the SEO urls ones 

tarakesh.rao, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  10. bdkamol

bdkamol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I love All in One SEO. It is really reduce your time.

bdkamol, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  11. MuseHack

MuseHack Member

Best Answers:
    I had plugins for breadcrumbs, an XML sitemap, and an RSS feature that were no longer needed. One thing I am looking forward to... The Yoast SEO plugin was developed so add-on modules could be developed based on specific needs, but those modules will not be free. I know there are two I will be wanting to try when those are ready, the video blogging one and the Local SEO module.

MuseHack, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  12. FWS

FWS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yoast is uncompromisingly Superb! I use it exclusively...Highly Recommended!

FWS, Aug 8, 2011 IP