1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Top 100 site has 22,000 views a month, how to monitize?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ryancbarnes, Aug 7, 2011.

Hey there, I've got a website that is currently getting 22,000+ views a month. It's a top100 type website and I'm looking for ways to generate some money with it. I dont want to flood the website with banner ads and popups or exit things.

What are some proven tips to help generate some sales from this?! It's a ridiculous amount of traffic and I'd hate to lose out on any more potential cash I could make.

I was thinking of some sort of 'paid-per-impression' but I dont think those exist legitimately anymore.

Your thoughts are most welcome!

ryancbarnes, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  2. Tanya Roberts

Tanya Roberts Active Member

Best Answers:
    You r saying that 22k visitor a month it that good that it gets on top 100 of all the websites??

22k visitors a day would be great for a normal guy to get a good income...

In my opinion you can earn about $200-$400 a month via adsense.. why don't you apply for adsense?

Tanya Roberts, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  3. WebContentServices

WebContentServices Member

Best Answers:
    Are you in the top 100 in Alexa? If that was my site, I'd probably monetize it by selling it, lol. Seriously, that would be one option, though you could sell it for much more if it was bringing in money. With that much traffic, you could put any general interest type ad, or solicit advertising from other marketers.

WebContentServices, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  4. lllAE86lll

lllAE86lll Peon

Best Answers:
    Ads space could give you a greater income along with the adsense.

lllAE86lll, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  5. gr8liverpoolfan

gr8liverpoolfan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He doesn't mean top 100 alexa or a website in the top 100 of the world.

He probably means a top 100 "things to do before you kick the ....." kind of website, or a top 100 "summer getaways" thing.

@Op, without exactly knowing your niche, it's tough to give monetisation suggestions, but Adsense is generally the safest and highest paying recommendation. Affiliate programmes may work, but it depends on what precisely you're giving information on, and how targetted your traffic is.

gr8liverpoolfan, Aug 7, 2011 IP
    Tanya Roberts likes this.
  6. ryancbarnes

ryancbarnes Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry bout the vagueness guys, here's a link to check the site yourself:

www.minecraft100.com

The niche is very tight knit for the game called "Minecraft" (minecraft.com) and I'm not sure what else to do. I can customize the website (themes) quite a bit but not modify the code (as I dont know enough).

Would AdSense be right for this? I've already got an account.

What other ads would be right for this? I'm also #7 on the Google Search for "minecraft servers" if that helps explain anything... not sure.

I've never had a site get more than 400 visits a month so I'm surprised to see it grow over 2,000 visits every week. At the beginning of July it was sitting at 8,000 uniques, and now rolls 22,150+.. so this is a shock. I doubt the game will lose interest as it's only in it's "Beta" form and not even fully launched yet so I'm in a good position now.. I think.

ryancbarnes, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  7. Andre91

Andre91 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man, that's great. I earn money from website in ways that differ from the ordinary Adsense, affiliate etc..... I'd contact some popular minecraft server owners etc and interest them in some ad space on my site. Google adsense won't hurt though. But a niche like that, I'd search for software sites that sells software to speed up PCs etc and join their affiliate program. Almost EVERY site these days have some kinda affiliate program/link at the footer of their site so I'd check them out. 

Then I'd put up a big link/image on my site saying "Minecraft running too slow?? Check out his program now >> **insert affiliate link/image/etc**"  :)
    Put your brain to use, there are many ways out here to make a nice buck. 

Andre91, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  8. empoweredh

empoweredh Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on your site, these things work:
    Your own information product
    Affiliates sales
    Product reviews for affiliate sales
    Adsense
    Donations (yes people can give you donations if you give them lots of great content)
    Membership site

Regards.

empoweredh, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  9. jako1

jako1 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's called Fair Ads Network. And it makes sense considering everything they've done to ensure not only the advertiser benefits as much as possible, but also the publisher. There's no more unfair practices where the publisher gets the boot every so often without warning and there's no more over-populated ads from the advertiser and wasting their money.

jako1, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  10. ryancbarnes

ryancbarnes Peon

Best Answers:
    Andre, thanks for this! This is quite what sort of idea I was hoping to hear. I really suck when it comes to 'catch phrases' and stuff like that. I will have to give that a go for sure!

ryancbarnes, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  11. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you get that much visitors to your site daily then you can profit from the ads that you may have placed on the site.

unknownpray, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  12. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't like banner ads and exit popups, maybe you can try text ad, like infolinks. However, they pay measly. Maybe you need to consider use adsense.

g36, Aug 18, 2011 IP
  13. Forlornhope

Forlornhope Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I dont seem that all your sites have over 22k viewers...

Forlornhope, Aug 27, 2011 IP