1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

converting html site to wordpress

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by shauny35, Aug 2, 2011.

I have html site with a wordpress blog attatched, the html pages are all ranking well in serp's, i want to transform the whole site to wordpress. Is it possible to do this without losing my serp's?

thanks

shauny35, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  2. shauny35

shauny35 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, but it's advice i need not a sales pitch

shauny35, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  3. rakesh kumar

rakesh kumar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you planning to change the domain or Not. If you are not planning to change your domain then simply copy paste these html contents in to wordpress pages and do not forget to generate xml sitemap using your favorite plugin and submit it to google webmaster. Also implement permalink migration plugin so that your old readers can locate your new pages easily. 

rakesh kumar, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  4. shauny35

shauny35 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No I won't be changing domain,the domain ranks well and so do all pages, i just prefer the easy cm of wordpress. i know the site can be converted easily, but i dont want to lose traffic from all the pages that are cached in google

shauny35, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  5. photodrew

photodrew Guest

Best Answers:
    You'll be fine as long as our web server has an updated .htaccess file that does a 301 redirect of the old URLs to the new URLs.  As mentioned there is also a Permalink migration plugin that will help.

You might also want to register the site and a sitemap in Google webmaster tools to smooth out the migration and help the spiders understand your new setup.

photodrew, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  6. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can do a 301 redirect through htaccess to redirect the old HTML url's to the new corresponding pages. Another trick is to use custom permalink in Wordpress, something like "%postname%.html". This way if your old page was found at example_page.html, it will still be available at the same URL if you create a page with the same title and using the above permalink structure. Google and visitors will not see the difference (except the design, if you change it).

ColorWP.com, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  7. webexpert00

webexpert00 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are not changing your domain then you can do anything you need to do with the design and platform of your website. It will not affect your SERP rankings anyhow.

webexpert00, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  8. ajobjon

ajobjon Peon

Best Answers:
    after complete transferring your site
    just copy and pest as a new post.

Thanks

ajobjon, Aug 4, 2011 IP