1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coverting a fairly simple website from tables to CSS - worth it for SEO value?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by roger_inkart, Aug 2, 2011.

Hello,

I have a site I've been building for about 10+ years. It's an illustration site and has about 1,000 pages. Over those years, I have added more images and just copied pages and replaced the images and copy. Well, now I have a huge site that would probably take about 3-6 months to convert to CSS. I'm wondering if the folks here think it would be worth it? It's pretty heavily indexed in Google and the other Search Engines. I'm trying to weigh whether or not the hundreds of hours it would take to convert it would be worth my while in regards to how the spiders might view it.

This is an average page: http://www.inkart.net/illustration/wildlife/jaguar/

And, if it should be converted would it make sense to perhaps try and hire someone to do it?

Thanks for your input!

roger_inkart, Aug 2, 2011 IP
  2. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally would just because I hate using tables for anything other than displaying tabular data although the SEO value from doing this would probably be limited.

freelancewebaz, Aug 2, 2011 IP
    roger_inkart likes this.
  3. revium

revium Member

Best Answers:
    Ideally you would want to convert it to CSS, but if the site is already ranking and performing well, I would most likely not make the change. Any change to the code is likely to have some impact on the rankings.

revium, Aug 2, 2011 IP
    roger_inkart likes this.
  4. roger_inkart

roger_inkart Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Your input is appreciated!

roger_inkart, Aug 2, 2011 IP