1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make successful Adsense sites

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by falco85, Oct 29, 2006.

We are now on a white hat forum, so let's discuss white hat techniques to build successful Adsense sites and make money from them.

White hat: we cannot use black/grey/any-color-than-white-hat techniques in anyway. Hence our only weapon is to build quality sites, original content, and "honest" link building only.

Then, remember that a site creation is a process divided into the following phases:
    - Graphics: layout, template, etc
    - Keyword study
    - Content Writing
    - SEO
    - Link Building

(roughly)

If you don't have a team working for you, ie you work alone, then you cannot master all those skills by yourself. For instance, you can take royalty free layouts at OSWD. For content, you can hire freelancers or write content by yourself (this is maybe the simpler but time wasting task ).

Take a niche and stick to it. Do some keyword research (Overture, for example), and build some keyword list for your content. Then, build content basing on those keywords. Try to get a good domain name with the principal keyword in it.

SEO is very important for your pages. Make sure to optimize your meta tags and title, and check your keyword density. Browse on DP to know more on those topics :)

Link building, here's the tough part :D You need relevant and quality links. Imagine your website like a ball rolling. A link is like a force with which you push your ball somewhere. It's up to you to push the ball through the cliff, or let it drown in the waters ;) I mean, not any link is good for your site. You need quality and relevant links only. How? You can participate into relevant forums allowing URL signatures, you can write articles for article depots, write press releases, submit your link to important directories, and so on. Remember that link building should be done gradually, you should build maybe 5 quality links a day that would be a good average, IMHO. No need to buy links, from my personal experience.

That's it! Just wanted to point out the main topics for newbies, take this as a starting point from which begin your research here at Digital Point. Good luck.. and remember not to give up so easily ;) and you will take a profit very soon!

falco85, Oct 29, 2006 IP
    h4nh4n and LadyHoldem like this.
  2. bezict84

bezict84 Peon

Best Answers:
    thnks for your info... my adsense account had been banned by google... :(
    im so sad now... do you think i must open a new account?

bezict84, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  3. falco85

falco85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I'm clueless on how you could open another account. I think you need a Company for this. However, why did you get banned from Adsense?
    Before opening a new account, I would think on this and take this as a lesson :) btw there's not only adsense out there! Why don't you think on YPN or Azoogle, for instance?

falco85, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  4. h4nh4n

h4nh4n Peon

Best Answers:
    nice info there :thumbup: I learn something new here :)

___________oot
    when everytime I read the title of this thread remind me of MFA :D:D

h4nh4n, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  5. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good reading, thanks for sharing. However i cannot agree with the links thing.

I agree not relevent links won't help you in the SERPS/PR however i cannot see how Google can penalize you for having a bad link.

A link is something a webmaster has no control of.

infonote, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  6. bezict84

bezict84 Peon

Best Answers:
    thnks... for your info, im new in adsense and have a lot to learn... Thnks... YPN and Azogle ha? hehe... thnks.. but now, im using amazon as an affiliate... hehe.. :

bezict84, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  7. roflux

roflux Peon

Best Answers:
    Very well written falco, thanks!

roflux, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  8. falco85

falco85 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys for your feedback :) if you have anything to add feel free.. I am learning new things everyday thanks to DP :D and I think it's good to give back what DP gave to me one year ago!

infonote: actually you are right. Google won't penalize you for outside links, but I reckon that relevant links are helping more than non relevant ones :) but that's just my personal opinion!

falco85, Oct 29, 2006 IP
    _vlada_ likes this.
  9. Tarakan

Tarakan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may open another adsense account by putting in someone else name as the Payee Name instead of yourself (eg. your mum or bro). That is what's written in Google FAQ regarding opening adsense account. You don need to have a company to open another.

Tarakan, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  10. _vlada_

_vlada_ Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks falco85, very good info. nice, calm writing.

_vlada_, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  11. Motter

Motter Peon

Best Answers:

Google makes internet "neighborhoods" and if you live on the wrong side of the tracks where more crime takes place ( black hat ) they are going to devalue your site. And if google doesn't like you, nobody likes you

Motter, Oct 29, 2006 IP
  12. Daniel Tan

Daniel Tan Peon

Best Answers:
    Having a bad link to your site won't hurt you. Link out to a bad site will hurt you, so watch out on the trackbacks you receive.

Agree with 'no need to buy links'. I have a blog, I only did article marketing to 10 directories once, and include my blog in 5 directories, and lucky to have one article dugg. That's it. It's first Google Update made it to PR4.

Of course if you buy links and do more of article marketing and a lot of RSS distribution, participate in many forums, onlywire all your posts... you are going to have a better result than mine.

Daniel Tan, Oct 29, 2006 IP