1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Forum posting or blog commenting?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by laceybeautiful, Jul 31, 2011.

What is the best strategy for SEO purpose forum posting or blog commenting?
    but my boss reject both of these. he said : do some micro bloggning for website promotion.
    it is right.

laceybeautiful, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  2. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Forum is many to many discussion board where as blog commenting is one to many discussion board now it will be clear to decide which is the best way.

Prasseo, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  3. rankexperts

rankexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum posting and Blog posting is still not bad if you do it the "relevant way", I mean to say that posting on relevant forums and relevant blogs can still help your cause ( if you don't spam). Micro Blogging is also a good idea for website promotion and I will recommend you to go for micro blogging. 

rankexperts, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  4. Danninri

Danninri Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum and blog posting both method effect our website status on  search  Engine  .
    Micro blogging is also a best way to improve the status of a website .

Danninri, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  5. AdventureHoliday

AdventureHoliday Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me ... i suggestion you to do Forum Posting because you will easily involve in this and blog commenting takes too much time and not sure that you will get result from ther.....

AdventureHoliday, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  6. gamblingmaster

gamblingmaster Member

Best Answers:
    Forum Posting: participate in forums that are related to your niche and have a signature that links to your site. Please do not spam or advertise your site on the forum as you will get banned easily. Try to help out others and provide something useful to the community and they will click on your signature to visit your site. So you get backlinks and traffic at the same time.

Blog Commenting - Comment on other people's blog that are related to your niche. If you are an active commenter on a high traffic blog, you will get a lot traffic in addition to the backlinks you are getting. Please do not use auto commenting software as those comments always get deleted by the blog owners.

gamblingmaster, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  7. Dotcom B

Dotcom B Peon

Best Answers:
    I would reject both and will promote my link worthy contents using guest blogging.

Dotcom B, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  8. FastCashMoney

FastCashMoney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best strategy is to do a mix of all! You NEED diversity to make it look natural in googles eyes. Saying that, googles algorithym devalues forum links since april (panda) for SERP rankings. But they stay part of the game anyways as they give you traffic and make other efforts look natural. With blog comments it depends on the blog how much link love you will get from them... Guest blogging is also very good of course! I've never met someone with good rankings (eg. top 10) in google who does only one or the other....

FastCashMoney, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  9. glennforum

glennforum Peon

Best Answers:
    Both forum posting and blog commenting are good ways of building your links however it would be best that when you do these strategies that you make every effort not to spam the forum sites and blog sites as doing this may just ban you from the forum and the blog owner not accepting your blog comment.

glennforum, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  10. czar_residences

czar_residences Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, it is both. In forum posting you will learn and share knowledge from different discussions. In blog commenting, it is fun on how others manage and write something for their blog. Sometimes, when you do these both, you forget that you're doing it for SEO purposes, you just enjoy it. Anyway, find also do follow forums and blogs that are related to your niche.

czar_residences, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  11. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    As i know, both is good but if you use both legally , mean comment on relevant blog and help people in forum.

OSSEO, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  12. tyrillis

tyrillis Peon

Best Answers:
    Both are good for building a reputation online. Remember content is also key and making sure what you post is seen by the relevant people so you can drive traffic to your site.

tyrillis, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  13. AdKingPro

AdKingPro Guest

Best Answers:
    bot are great ways to get ranking and traffic........

AdKingPro, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  14. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great suggestion!

Cbrooker, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  15. Quvincy

Quvincy Peon

Best Answers:
    Both, blog commenting and forum posting is good for link buiding but i prefer to do forum posting as in blog commenting it's not sure to get a backlink as its required owener approval and if its get approved than also many blog owner put it on "no follow" atribution..

Quvincy, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  16. pimz

pimz Peon

Best Answers:
    i think both of them..Forum posting or blog commenting can boost your SEO and traffic. but you must write good Forum posting or blog commenting with contain backlink to your site

pimz, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  17. laceybeautiful

laceybeautiful Peon

Best Answers:
    what is guest posting? and how can it work.
    I listen this term many times but have not idea about guest posting.

laceybeautiful, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  18. girish sharma

girish sharma Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is best i think,blog commenting is worth almost all blogs ... There are some techniques used for this purpose. ...Apply all strategies that can be helpful but most of all the most important strategy of seo is blog commenting. ...

girish sharma, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  19. dorothykinder

dorothykinder Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum posting and Blog commenting are only the ways to generate your traffic to your website by ranking in Top positions. But considering from Google point of view, you need to take active participation in Forums by helping other members finding what they need, but not spam.

Blog commenting is also similar, when one author pens down his suggestion/views about a topic we should either try to agree or disagree to him. If we disagree then what could be a solution to it, if we agree then we too can implement the similar thing.

dorothykinder, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  20. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Forum posting is Good for getting traffic. but the link juice is shared so you can't get the valuable link juice from these type of links. and the specific page's PR is not high so the High PR Back links are also not Gotten :)

digitalwebman06, Aug 2, 2011 IP