1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 Tips to Make good Use of Digg to Drive Traffic to Your site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by stupidcamel, Jul 31, 2011.

The community-based popularity website of DIGG offers the webmasters a good platform to build up large number of inbound links and attract traffic to their sites.
    However, simply submitting URL to posts on your site won't be enough. If you are looking to attract more traffic to your site effectively and efficiently, thera re much more to do than simplying submitting URLs onto DIGG.
    Here are 5 tips on how to make good us of DIGG to draw more web traffic.

First of all, remember to Digg the Original Source. If you are submitting to DIGG, it is important to make sure your busmission adds some value to the conversation or the story.
    Secondly, do Digg several articles at a time. Even if you ask your friends to digg your article, ask them to DIGG more articles than just your post.
    Thirdly, if you want your blog posts to have a chance at DIGG's main page, don't DIGG your own posts. Digg will penalize users who submit their own content too frequently.
    Fourthly, use a Good title and description in your DIGG to sell the article to the other readers.
    Last but not least, be an active DIGGuser to make your DIGGs stand out from other submissions in the DIGG list format.

stupidcamel, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  2. Cbrooker

Cbrooker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure of anyone else, but from what I've seen on some of my sites, Digg is some of the poorest converting traffic around.

Cbrooker, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  3. steevwalter

steevwalter Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips as i use Digg on a regular basic for my website and it's really helpful for me as i have got my sum of url banned through Digg and my account disabled.

steevwalter, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  4. glennforum

glennforum Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this tips, it would seem that some of these guidelines could also be applicable to reddit.

glennforum, Aug 1, 2011 IP