1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do you take security seriously?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Spoiltdiva, Jul 30, 2011.

As a single woman I've had to deal with things like stalking and over zealous males and security is something I take seriously.I never give out my MSN address unless I am 100% sure.The same goes for my cellphone number and as to my personal e-mail address I use a man's name to throw people off.And on my answering machine I use an electronic man's voice also to throw people off.
    When you are a woman living alone it becomes nessesary to do this.Also using a different e-mail name helps with scammers.For buisness purposes I use my buisness address and that is 100% neutral(one cannot tell from this wether I am male or female).What if anything do you do to protect your privacy and security?

Spoiltdiva, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  2. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't none of this as i'm not a single women

But i don't surf on dubios sites i have firewal and anti vir and i have multiple passwords .... sinple for useless things complex for important things

w3bmaster, Jul 30, 2011 IP
    smileverse likes this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @w3bmaster
    It seems you have done some things to protect yourself.We all need to take security seriously wether you are a male or female.But as a man you can at least defend yourself if need be.As a woman living alone security is very important to me and I go to great lengths to ensure that.

4. ayushi infotech

ayushi infotech Peon

Best Answers:
    spoiltdiva i am male,and i dont have enemies so i dont think about security. i am having one dog for security........but women means surely need some security to protect themselves.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2011
    ayushi infotech, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  5. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit OCD so I'm over concerned about security at both social level and cyber level..
    I'm dead scared of identity theft, so I do not give out my real info to people that I'm not 100% sure of. I never throw any document that contains my name and address, I burn it and flush it.
    I'm extra careful with my Credit Card and Debit Card..
    My all passwords are 12 to 16 character long, mixed alphanumeric and special characters. I have three levels of access control on my workstation.

My house is riddled with booby traps and alarms, every door and window in my house has a bio metric scanner, I have a CCTV camera outside of my bedroom door, also a proximity alarm and a laser operated shotgun. I always wear a tin foil hat and did I tell you that my house is 300 feet below the surface?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    The Webby, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @logaseo
    Yes but I am only 5'3" and weigh 58 kilos so I have to think about security perhaps more than you would.I even went to the trouble of putting a man's voice on my home voice male just to throw people off.It can be scary when you are a woman living alone.So I try to make like I am a man just to protect myself from strangers on my phone or PC.
    Maybe I should get a big dog?

7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @The Webby
    The 1st part of your message was very good as I too am 100% security conscious.I have firewalls like you wouldn't believe.The 2nd part of your post made me smile.[o]

8. The Webby

The Webby Peon

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, get a Mastiff, English preferably.. Even if your dog will only lick people to death, they will be scared of it's sheer size, And your dog will weigh way over yourself.. ):
    You can get a rottweiler, pretty effective guard dog.. Or you can get a Golden Retriever, a large and very friendly yet a pretty good watch dog but it wont bite anyone...

English Mastiff:
    [​IMG]

Rottweiler:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Golden Retriever:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
    The Webby, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  9. ayushi infotech

ayushi infotech Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm but.... above two thread you defined about you and your security......careful spoiltdiva reading this thread then anyone come to your home and kidnaped you ......;)

just fun

ayushi infotech, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  10. benjaminp

benjaminp Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When it comes to account security I am cautious. I use different passwords for websites, with a mix of lower-case, upper-case, numbers, symbols (unless I'm not too fussed about the account and I class it as something I intend to use once or twice, then it's just something simple). For my Google account I use the authenticator on my phone so even if my password was compromised, without my phone they couldn't access it.

benjaminp, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @The Webby
    That is one gigantic dog!
    @logaseo
    I live in a secure neighborhood and am friendly with my neighbors.When I was living in Calgary I had room mates.Here in Toronto I'm in a condo and am close to my neighbors.
    @benjaminp
    I use 3 e-mail accounts regularly.One is buisness,one is for my friends and family,the 3rd is a bogus one for whatever which is the one I use when not sure who I am dealing with.I also change passwords often.

12. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need big dog, you need man that can take care of you and protect you. What do you think?

g36, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @g36
    Well yes g,a man would indeed solve a lot of problems,but I don't have one at the present.My security concerns border on slightly paranoid.I even have a man's voice on my voicemail.And when I go on e-bay I use a fake account with a man's name as the username.I just feel better not letting strangers know that I'm a woman.

14. pathaniahost

pathaniahost Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i take it seriously security is must for women ...

pathaniahost, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @pathaniahost
    I agree,even with my main account the one I use with friends and family,I use my real name spelt phoneticaly not the real spelling.

Spoiltdiva, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  16. toybreastcom

toybreastcom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    my hotmail is my personal email i use with my friends, it gets some spam sometimes but its OK. my Gmail, i use for all my internet websites i use and it gets SO MUCH SPAM xD

But i don't really care about internet security, i dont give out my social security number to people or anything. And sometimes i dont put down my real name on suspicious looking sites or game sites like RuneScape

toybreastcom, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @toybreastcom
    It sounds like you have all your bases covered.I have never used or given my real name out on the net.When I've had to give it I've always spelt it quite differently than it actually is.I've also never given out my correct date of birth on the net either.However I have given out my real first name out but that's it.But my first name is so common I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of people with my first name.

18. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    @Spolitdiva,
    Are you sure you're not suffering from anxiety disorder or anything similar?

g36, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    @g36
    No I'm sure of that,but I've had some unsettling experiences lately and just like to take precautions.But frankly I do overdo it a bit.My precautions are temporary in nature because of a recent negative event.I'll relax it all soon enough.[o]

20. twittermarketingstrategy

twittermarketingstrategy Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes yes, sometimes not, it depends upon the circumstances.