1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Social Media the Best for Providing Genuine Traffic

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by GuruVoodoo, Jul 18, 2011.

Hi All,

I've put a site together, though its currently down with no hosting, but I want to know whats best to lure genuine readers.

The site itself covers the entertainment industry in areas including myths, legends and a host of shocking stories.

Hyping it via social media seems the most logical choice, but what are the benefits of typical SEO techniques that will generate real readers (other than the on page content being interesting, this you will have have to assume is a given)?

Any thoughts welcome :)

Thanks

GuruVoodoo, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  2. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social netwkng sites are good places to begin. At the same time you can use some plugins (if u r using Wordpress) to generate some keywords. Also... if you are not concerned with AdSense Policies (i meant if u r not using AdSense) you can put up your banner advertisement in some popular sites (I can offer you one) which has economical rates. PM me if you are interested in placing ads on a site which has over 2000-3000 daily unique hits.

sumdor, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  3. GuruVoodoo

GuruVoodoo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Thanks for the offer of advertising, but I don't sell anything on the site so I wouldn't have use for that. Plugins are a good idea, but they come under the social media column and I've pretty much covered that.

Thanks

GuruVoodoo, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  4. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it is important for startup or new sites to advertise even if you are not selling. Looks to me that you are looking for genuine traffic right? The traffic you get from your ads is counted as genuine. I have tried Google AdWords, but most of the time end up paying for just the impression and no actual visits. So, it's better to place an advertisement with select websites.

If you are looking for Free Traffic with little work...you can Try YouLikeHits It's free to join and you can get FB Likes, Twitter Followers, Digg Followers, Website visitors, etc

sumdor, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  5. GuruVoodoo

GuruVoodoo Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Haha not no work completely I'm willing to put a fair bit of leg work in. Would just like it gain a bit of attention for what's on there. Thanks for that site I think it will be useful! Appreciate your input here.

GuruVoodoo, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  6. Canadaontop

Canadaontop Peon

Best Answers:
    Social media sites will really help you to provide quality traffic to your website.

Canadaontop, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  7. Bvandyke

Bvandyke Member

Best Answers:
    If your content is awesome, SM will amplify your marketing results. If your content sucks, then it will only hasten your demise. Content is the key to online success IMO. Look at other successful blogs in your niche and see what they post. Learn from your successful competitors.

Bvandyke, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  8. freeagentsmith

freeagentsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    IMO Social media will probably help but relationship building with content providers and blog commenting on relevant blogs will do the trick. That way you're getting traffic from people who like what you're providing.

SEOing up the butt would probably help as well.

freeagentsmith, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  9. AndyCody

AndyCody Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wont say its the best.. but it certainly helps though... not really a bad idea to try it out.

AndyCody, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  10. kchanda

kchanda Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media like facebook, twitter, digg, reddit and others will send quality traffic to you if you have unique content

kchanda, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  11. Sarah14

Sarah14 Peon

Best Answers:
    These are all great sites to drive traffic. However, these sites will not drive continued traffic if you don't provide quality content.

Sarah14, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  12. veedabiometrics

veedabiometrics Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello friend,

social media is very helpful to generate traffic and you can also do social bookmarking.It is also best to get more traffic and back links.

veedabiometrics, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  13. livtar

livtar Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media is really very good way to generate traffic. Facebook, Twitter and Orkut all are good sites to huge traffic.

livtar, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  14. dannypayton

dannypayton Peon

Best Answers:
    Well if you picked out those subjects to be on your blog and you are going to write on those subjects. The social media is the best for you I think because the people stumbling or digging are looking for interesting content they can share between each other and from what I read the content on your site will be very interesting for most people. The SEO building can get you visitors from google and other search engines so that you should do because that traffic to your website will be targeted and of higher quality.

dannypayton, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  15. jollydutta

jollydutta Member

Best Answers:
    Social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin etc.) will really helpful to provide quality traffic for your website.

jollydutta, Aug 5, 2011 IP
  16. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    obviously they can give you much traffic. many webmaster are now having their eyes on social networking and social media sites when they launched. people have natural love in this social networking sites.so you can get natural flow of visitors in your sites via social networking and social media sites as long as they are alive. 

xenon121, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  17. jollydutta

jollydutta Member

Best Answers:
    yes SMO is one way to get more traffic. along with do some submission with unique content..

jollydutta, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  18. seomartini

seomartini Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of paid ways to bring genuine visitors on your website, ... yes all points are very true ..for traffic social networking ...

seomartini, Aug 8, 2011 IP
  19. dpkiller

dpkiller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media is a best way to drive concentrated traffic, but apart from that it's valuable part of branding and authority.
    If you have good fan following on twitter and fb then you can get more loyal readers in future.
    Personally I love twitter, facebook and linkedin.

dpkiller, Aug 9, 2011 IP
  20. bigzorro

bigzorro Member

Best Answers:
    Build accounts on web 2.0 sites and start to build up a following which is responsive. You can reach that if you provide useful
    information to your followers. They will then be inclined to visit your site and also to make business with you.
    Announce your site also on forums which have to do with your sites information. In order to build links to your site very fast
    go to OnlyWire.com and create an account. Sign up for the various sites and in future you will be able to submit your links
    to all these High PR sites in a rush. This will give you enourmous power with the search engines. What's better you will have
    a high quality promotion tool and when you build new sites you can create backlinks almost instantly.

bigzorro, Aug 9, 2011 IP