1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Solidifying transparent selection

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by FoxIX, Jul 27, 2011.

Hey all,

I have a scanned text logo which is two different shades of blue. I have managed to remove the white background so that I am left with just the text. However, the text is slightly transparent but I would like to make this opaque so that the background does not change the colouring of the logo. I am unsure how I can increase the opaqueness so that it appears solid. From what I can see, the opaque setting is already at 100% so I am unable to increase this.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this? I am using Photoshop CS5

TIA

FoxIX, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  2. raconnor

raconnor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can duplicate the layer a bunch of times, then flatten them. Or you can create a layer underneath it, ctrl click the text layer, and fill that selection on the newly created layer with whatever color you want the text to be

raconnor, Jul 28, 2011 IP
    FoxIX likes this.
  3. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That worked perfectly! Thank you. I'm not a great fan of design work so I tend not to spend as much time as I should learning these sorts of skills.

FoxIX, Jul 28, 2011 IP