1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reduce Bounce Rate for Sunglasses sites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by fetamy, Jul 18, 2011.

fetamy, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  2. amitaf

amitaf Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should do something on your landing page that will make your visitors to stay such as graphically enticing displays of your products.

amitaf, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  3. jainpratik47

jainpratik47 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

You can try making your navigation more easier and interactive, so that the visitor finds an easy path to enter into inner pages of the website.

Regards

jainpratik47, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  4. intz

intz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You have too much choices on every page. Reduce the selection of sunglasses on index page, show only your eight bestselling items. Also reduce the selection of goods on every page by separating them into multiple pages.
    If there are too many choices, then it's easier to choose nothing and press the back button.

Also right now you wasting a lot of space for the fast rotating ad on top of index page. This is a premium area, replace the ad with some strong call to action.

There are a lot of improvements you can make. Make some changes and test it out.

PM me for further questions.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    intz, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  5. linksdirect

linksdirect Peon

Best Answers:
    Just curious but why did you choose to use hyphenated domains? rather than come up with a brandable domain where the no-hyphen version was available? you can lose type in traffic this way (revisiting customers).

linksdirect, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  6. Castle Blaire

Castle Blaire Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, try to make your landing page more user friendly one. Also, try to classify your products accordingly.

Castle Blaire, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  7. Abhishek Kundu

Abhishek Kundu Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi fetamy,

i have had a look at both the websites that you mentioned in this forum. the landing page for both the websites are not unfriendly. try to make it 1024x768 compliant then it will fit in most of the computer screens.

also make 2 -3 different variations of landing pages and split test them using the google website optimizer .

this will help you to find page that is performing good (low bounce rate). :)

hope this post of mine will be helpful to you. :)

Abhishek Kundu, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  8. Alex-Brooks.co.uk

Alex-Brooks.co.uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How come your using two domains for the same website? That's probably not helping your SE rankings and try optimizing your site.

Alex-Brooks.co.uk, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  9. mrmeme

mrmeme Peon

Best Answers:
    Does your visitors find what they where expecting when you have such a high Bounce Rate? I dont think so!
    So you have to see it from the other side. What does your visitors expect when they visit your sunglasses shops? By looking at the problem this way you might find the solution!

mrmeme, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  10. Torafox

Torafox Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the most fundamental reason is simply that your products are very expensive and your product pages don't really convey enough value to convince the visitor. the layout with 5% big images from different angles is a bit strange to me - I'd use just one big image and show the other ones on mouse hover over small thumbnails. also, most of your menu pages are sort of empty and hard to read with all-caps text.

Torafox, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  11. uday11

uday11 Active Member

Best Answers:
    When a user selects a product, there is no convencing content for customer to know more about the glasses he opted.., "ADD to CART" thing is on left and Glasses with a big images on right hand side which looking a big awkward, by this a customer feels a bit uncomfortable.

Try to provide info for a customer in landing pages of Sunglasses he takes..,

uday11, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  12. fetamy

fetamy Peon

Best Answers:
    fetamy, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  13. David08

David08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good Design and good content can down your bounce rate...add some quality content in your home page. fix your blog section.

David08, Oct 6, 2012 IP