1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What to do once I'm at the top of Google.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by kraven, Sep 27, 2007.

The past year we have been paying around $45.00 per month for adwords on google. We have been very successful doing this, since our adwords are very specific and bring in quality traffic.

Starting yesterday we got to the middle of the first page on several of our same words that we used for adwords.

What I'm wondering is, should we stop the Adwords campaign and just go off of the clicks from Google, or do we continue the adwords?

We would save alot of $ not doing the adwords, but if we do the adwords will we get those orders plus the ones that come directly thru google?

Hopefully I've explained myself well enough. Please help if you've had any experience with this.

Thanks.

kraven, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  2. DavidF9

DavidF9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It totally depends on traffic volume and conversion rates. Do you find that the clicks from Adwords convert more effectively than organic clicks? Does the Adwords contribution add value to your business, and do you enjoy a good ROI?

For the long term, it is obviously more sustainable to build on your search engine rankings. But if you track results from both mediums, you should work out whether or not Adwords is helping your business.

DavidF9, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  3. kraven

kraven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input David.

The conversion is about 2% thru adwords. We just got to the top of google for the terms so we cant tell yet what that will be.

Unfortunatly the summer here is pretty much over, and we have slowed way down so I won't be able to track any of this until next spring. Now and thru the winter we will be working very hard to get to the very top of google on these and other keywords.

What I expect is that we will get the same results thru Adwords as we did last year, and I'm hoping that we will receive more from google.

Thank you again for your help. Any help is always appreciated.

kraven, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  4. Jin

Jin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you get to top position organically and there is no site on top of your site using adwords then it is fine to leave adwords for that keyphrase.

Jin, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  5. funkyreuben

funkyreuben Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same boat right now. I'm slowly reducing my daily adwords spending limits to see if its going to hurt my business or not. So far though, my sales have remained steady. I've already reduced my daily spending limit from $4 to under $3.

Chris

funkyreuben, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  6. tke71709

tke71709 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're going to save $45 a month by not doing adwords, that's hardly saving a lot of $.

So long as you turn a profit off your ads keep running them.

tke71709, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  7. kraven

kraven Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, it's $45.00 per day. And yes I agree as long the profit remains the same, I should probably keep that going, and hopefully receive more from the organic traffic.

kraven, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  8. aspire

aspire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having sensed that you might be wasting money do come up with a back up plan for your advertising budget before attempting to replace the adwords

aspire, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  9. seoecom

seoecom Peon

Best Answers:
    The question you should be asking is what amount of traffic was coming from the content network? You cannot reach the content network by being #1 in search results.

seoecom, Sep 27, 2007 IP
  10. sat123

sat123 Banned

Best Answers:
    if your search comes first no need of adwords but adwords ads at google search make your site clicked instead of others that appear bellow the sponsored...

sat123, Sep 28, 2007 IP
  11. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thats a simple question for you to figure out. Do you make profit in average sales per month to justify the $45 per month? if so , continue it. If not test it for a month. Figure out your pricing per profits and ad costs. Also, find the top sites on google that are being ranked in top 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5, positions. Ask them to put something on their website. Sometimes the websites ranking high arent specifically concerned with those keywords if you dont sell or promote the similar product or service. You could pay them $40 bucks a month and be at the #1 spot , 2, 3, 4, and 5 spot . with a banner ad or article. But I wouldnt stop paying Google Adwords, unless you are losing money per sales. AKA if it costs you $200 to make $50 ..its not lucrative. lol But if you spend $200 to make $210 ..or even sme months to make $200 and 'break even' then your advertisement cost is eother profitable (minimal but still profiting OR its not costing you anything. )
    Try to work out your ad campaigns and methods to where you combine the best of all worlds and free resources...so it wont cost you even if you don't profit that month. Thats the goal, its sometimes easier said than done, but by using it as the goal..it'll head you in right direction.
    Shotgun marketing lots of money to mass shotgun advertisements are only afforded by big corporations that use investor money and not their own. You need to be more accurate with advertising than big corporations.

1. Adwords (only to the point you can average on either breaking even, or making profit. )
    2. SEO for Free links and Pagerank- links etc.
    3. your competitors that are ranking in top 5 positions. (asking for ad or article space etc)

Another good trick is asking top 5 positions for an article on their site where you will pay less than your regular advertising costs BUT you dont advertise or talk about the same product they're competing with. Example, you tell them you want to advertise a photo image website (they think there's nothing wrong with that) In your banner or article if you can get it on their front page or the landing page you want you have a simple "Whats this? people are trying to figure out what this image is - Taken by amateur photographer)
    They click the link, and there's a photoshopped image you make that looks believable and is a shadow or a rock that looks like something or somebody (maybe JEsus) lol Then right under that ..your product. (even if it only works for a week before they take it off, it could bring you sales for that week . Think in terms of week by week, day by day not 'set it and forget it' advertising. Then you might do better

ezprint2008, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  12. mrmeme

mrmeme Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you not track your sales?
    Then you know if the visitors from SERP is converting well or if it is Adwords customers who gives you the orders! If it is Adwords customers then go on advertising!

mrmeme, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  13. Ted1

Ted1 Peon

Best Answers:
    This thread is nearly four years old. :p

Ted1, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  14. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    conversion rate play major role for this.

jhardy2008, Jul 27, 2011 IP