1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A service where I can manually enter credit card number

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by chrisj, Jul 24, 2011.

I have a customer or two that wants to pay by credit card once in a while.
    Typical credit card merchants charge a $25 monthly minimum, yet I don't use the service very often, but I'd like the ability to take credit cards. I believe Paypal needs the customer to enter his info himself. I'm looking for a legitimate service where I can process my customers' CC once in a while without any monthly fees.
    Any suggestions?

chrisj, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  2. Maximo Decimo Meridio

Maximo Decimo Meridio Peon

Best Answers:
    moneybookers.com for me works the best.

Maximo Decimo Meridio, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  3. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPal itself is the solution. What else you need?

RamCity, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  4. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Take a look at Google Checkout, your customers will be given the chance to enter credit card numbers during the payment process. That if you're based in the US or UK as a seller to qualify for opening a merchant account.

Clive, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  5. infogle

infogle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can try Plimus they are free to setup and use.

hope this helps...

infogle, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  6. STPVoice

STPVoice Peon

Best Answers:
    Take a look at SolidTrust Pay. They provide Merchants with credit card services and if your business is accepted, a Virtual Terminal allowing you to manually enter your customer's credit card information in order to charge them for your product or service. There are no monthly minimums or maximums imposed on merchants or any reserves held.

STPVoice, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  7. bpasc95

bpasc95 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have PayPal, you can subscribe to their gateway service of which also includes direct acceptance (you enter the credit card). The issue is that this will incur a monthly cost and (if I recall correctly) a setup fee. If your transaction volume is that low, it may make more sense to use an alternative payment method.

Otherwise, your next best bet would be to get an actual merchant account and associated gateway if the merchant account doesn't include a gateway. In our case, we use Elevon through Costco and connect to that account via Authorize.net. Once again, costs need to be considered as the typical minimum monthly base cost is around $15.00. In our case, we transact quite a bit, so that becomes negligible.

-Bing

bpasc95, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  8. PaymentProcessor

PaymentProcessor Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypals gateway service is $30 a month, 3% per card entered, and not to mention they hold 1/3 of each transaction for 90 days in case you receive a chargeback. My company has an option to do a $95 setup fee instead of the $25 monthly min. which makes more sense for businesses like yours.

PaymentProcessor, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  9. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for Paypal,Moneybookers or Alertpay buy i recommend you to use Paypal as its best :)

Card, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  10. ABM House

ABM House Peon

Best Answers:
    Plimus & 2CO are top credit card processors

ABM House, Aug 3, 2011 IP
  11. Chrisz@AlertPay

Chrisz@AlertPay Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Just wondering why you want to be able to enter the credit card information yourself and not have your customers do it? Entering the information yourself increases the risk of chargeback, and also puts your customers secure financial information at greater risk. The purpose of many 3rd party payment processors is to increase the security of transactions made online, and to allow people to make purchases without divulging their credit card information.

My suggestion would be to find a reliable 3rd party Payment Processor who can process a few transactions /month for you, and it will keep both you & your clients safe.

Thanks,

ChriZ
    Online Community Support
    AlertPay.com

Chrisz@AlertPay, Aug 8, 2011 IP