1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter for Marketing

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by teohcl, Jul 25, 2011.

Anyone here using Twitter to promote products? If yes, how frequent that we need to send the message there? Eg, daily or hourly? Any idea? Please share with us on the experience. The reason is I don't see result from there, please help me. Thanks

teohcl, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  2. danieldot

danieldot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    When you are working on twitter you should be very clear that you tweets should not be greater than 140 characters. Create short URL to the reference for your tweet and also use # before the keyword which you wanted to get performed on internal search. Follow the people who into to business sector.

danieldot, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  3. bant30

bant30 Guest

Best Answers:
    i also try promoting product using twitter, but i did not see the result yet.

bant30, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  4. domainnamesalez

domainnamesalez Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is not a marketing tool. Many people have a misconception that Twitter is a sales channel. It is more about building your brand and relation with your followers. Still you can post your product promotions as well but that shouldn't exceed twice a day. Try to engage in other types of conversation as well. You can use hash tags to be found in the search.

domainnamesalez, Jul 26, 2011 IP
    Intermg likes this.
  5. Secret Shopper

Secret Shopper Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter social networking site somehow other marketers used in promoting their product or let say a marketing tool.

Secret Shopper, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  6. ExaMike

ExaMike Peon

Best Answers:
    I did post my products to Twitter. I received no sales neither. Twitter is not a place to convert sales. I am only using it to make the annoucement, publicize my products. I don't expect there is sales converted. I just wanted my followers to know I am still in business, I have products that might suit them. Hope you could change your thought and make use Twitter wisely.

ExaMike, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  7. nordicadmedia

nordicadmedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Twitter is for branding purposes only if you ask me, I would like to hear from some who has actually done sales using Twitter.

nordicadmedia, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  8. joseph_p

joseph_p Member

Best Answers:
    i personally have a very good experience with twitter ,i have a health blog which i promote using my twitter i am surprised to see more traffic through twitter than using facebook.

joseph_p, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  9. marcielloduncan

marcielloduncan Peon

Best Answers:
    This is new to me. I'm a bit confuse on how to get more people to follow my twitter. Do I need to follow others first to get more exposure?

marcielloduncan, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  10. showkatahmad

showkatahmad Peon

Best Answers:
    i personally think that twitter is a tool to spread brand awareness of a brand

showkatahmad, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  11. nordicadmedia

nordicadmedia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There's a lot of ways to get followers, you start by adding people you know personally, colleagues and "websites" you use in your work. Re-tweet things you find useabel, post your tweets on Facebook, blog, webshop whatever ... remember to have some sort of timing and keep a good flow in your tweets.

nordicadmedia, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  12. BSD

BSD Member

Best Answers:
    This is the way I do It.
    1. Targeted folowers (keyword/location)
    2. The marketing 4 me work when i post (usualy from autoblog, strumble makes this a lot easy if you dont have 100$ for autoblog plugin) releted to the topics(keywords) articles WITH # on the keywords (this gets new folowers)
    3. Dont spam (20 posts per day are more than enough when about 2-3 are marketing)
    4. Test when your users are more active (usualy the global undersangings dont work registering to bit.ly will help)
    5. Let your users know that this is real person (ex. Name: Josh Nell (usualy the ppl are more friendly to women tested) TW Name: BeautyMeditate)
    6. This helps Google brandchirp they have 30day trial that will be more than enough to boost and target very nice acc (dont be agressive folower 2-3 times a day 50 -70 ppl will work) + twiends
    7. its nice to use @ for tweets posted.

PS. I got video site 70% of the visits are from twitter. Play your cards right and you will be rewarded. Take care

BSD, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  13. bayoetech

bayoetech Peon

Best Answers:
    Agree with this, twitter created to chat with others via post content in short text (like sms broadcast). after you popular in twitter then you can promote.

bayoetech, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  14. kylelawrence

kylelawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    As much as you can but you should make it natural and don't over promote something.

kylelawrence, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  15. Clear Fork Land Services

Clear Fork Land Services Member

Best Answers:
    Ive thought the same thing. I might give it a try but I dont like twiter

16. FaroukJ

FaroukJ Peon

Best Answers:
    tweet once / day is better , then choose the time wich your followers are online,

this means if ur followers most of them from US , then tweet between 1 Pm to 11 Pm , don't ttweet in dreaming time (1am - 10am)

FaroukJ, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  17. sartori

sartori Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Level 1
    Target followers, Tweet to brand yourself or your business not to sell, let the selling to your bio, follow who follow you and keep following interesting people
    Level 2
    Group your followers, people you re-tweet the most and blogs that keeps you informed. build a system to make sure you are re-tweeted also <<< That's when the selling starts.

sartori, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  18. softwebsolutions

softwebsolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter can really be a good tool for branding. Below mentioned points might be useful to you;

• Make relevant followers
    • Participate Regularly
    • Check when users are more active and stay more active at that time
    • Use 140 words
    • Use URL shortner
    • Place # tag before your keywords, product names
    • Interact with the followers and re tweeters

softwebsolutions, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  19. Kumar25

Kumar25 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, you can use twitter bio and follow people you interested to follow, by this you can increase the followers also by re tweeting and you can tweet every hour.:)

Kumar25, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  20. FBmarketing

FBmarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Don't over sending messages to your followers, especially message with URL. Send to different followers and without URL, 100 messages per day is ok, but please keep sending message in a proper interval. {(24 hours*60 minutes)/100=1.44 message/ minute}

FBmarketing, Aug 17, 2011 IP