1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About to go from SMF to vBulletin

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by matt94gt, Jul 21, 2011.

Hey all,

Im tired of locked tables and issues with SMF, plus I want some features that vBulletin has.

I think its a good move going from SMF to vBulletin but wouldn't mind some reassurance. So is it a good idea?!

I am paying someone to do the move for me ($55) who has done it many times apparently, yes Im sure I could do it my self with the importer but I dont want to risk it as my forum is fairly large (909,372 Posts in 46,355 Topics by 9,937 Members).

Also any tips or suggestions that I should tell the guy whos doing the switch for me, or things to make sure he DOES or DOES NOT do?

Thanks!

matt94gt, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  2. matt94gt

matt94gt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Anyone know if sigs, PMs etc will be imported? thanks

matt94gt, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  3. strudinox

strudinox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Using Impex, it will import everything. I went from phpbb to Vbulletin using Impex and the only thing that didn't import was the user passwords so users had to reset their passwords manually. But, if the guy you've hired has done this before, I'd imagine he would know what he's doing. Just remember to always run a backup!

strudinox, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  4. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you know a guy that's only charging 55$ to import almost a million post I'd be careful he doesn't steal your database.
    A job like that would easily be 150-250$ to import all the data and clean everything up and take at least 3 hours depending on how fast your database server is.

Brandon Sheley, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  5. matt94gt

matt94gt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    he wanted $100, hes on oDesk, we settled for $55.

matt94gt, Jul 26, 2011 IP