1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Improving an articles directory

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Toon-c, Jul 23, 2011.

Hi

I have this directory http://www.youtips.net/
    I didn't promote it since 2 years now ..

The traffic is between 100 and 150 uniques daily .. I get some new writers registrations and forum registrations everyday ..
    Some good revenues from adsense and infolinks ..

But it has been this ways since two years .. same traffic and same income ..

I told myself that I must improve it a little bit in the 3rd year .. so I'll make some design improvement shortly ..

The question is, how to promote a website like that ? any ideas on how to bring more traffic ? apart from SEO please

thanks

Toon-c, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  2. dakiddddd

dakiddddd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wow i just wrote a lengthy reply and after trying to post it, i lost everything because i had to re-log-in. Terrible! In brief, your keywords need to be worked on. They are very generic. I can explain what i mean if you wish just P.M me. So the tips i gave were...and yes you may be aware of them;

1) Submit your website to regular and article directories
    2) Advertise (note advertising and submitting are 2 different things) on these related and relevant article sites - use banners - very effective.
    3) Write articles and submit them (ahuh)
    3.a) Press release something about your website - the press love article sites. They are after-all a place for sources
    4) The 4th point is Dance on the moon - Lol. I'm playing. But actually work on your anchor texts. Again this goes back to proper keyword use
    5) I could go on but the best tip is...are you ready? Ready? Are you sure you are ready? The best thing i would suggest is requesting SEO agents and agencies, or specialty article writing and submitting websites to use your website. With your Page Rank, Traffic Rank, and your domain age, these agencies will love visiting and submitting to your website. Did i mention your website looks excellent and if it has a good Page Rank (which it does), redesigning is not your problem? Oh yea I did mention it and then i lost it because i had to re-log-in. Your websites' analysis rank is very good. You have a lot of back links too, i'm just skeptical about their quality and relevance. Again you might need to work on you keywords. O.k so you mentioned "apart from SEO," but your question is best addressed by SEO, so why not?. Anyways, I am an SEO agent for www.seoservicesplus.ca (I can't live link yet so sorry) . Please P.M me or visit the website and use the contact form. I will be glad to freely help you with some aspects. I'm only here to help and hope I have helped. If not, I'm telling my mother to spank me.

dakiddddd, Jul 23, 2011 IP
    Toon-c likes this.
  3. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    I can give you some advice in terms of design. When I first opened your site, I noticed quite a few things without even reading your post.
    1) The color scheme doesn't work well for an article directory.
    2) The images are inappropriate.
    3) Maybe a better navigation structure - the one on the top?
    4) The three boxes on the fold don't look good at all.

You could try working on these or do something fresh?

Adnan959, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  4. Bvandyke

Bvandyke Member

Best Answers:
    Some article directories got hit pretty hard with Panda. So it might be tougher than usual to grow in the rankings.

Best of luck to ya.

Bvandyke, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  5. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all ..

the website will be redesigned completely (logo , layout etc) , in about 2 months (3rd birthday)..

I will try to work more on my keywords ...

@Bvandyke : that's not true .. my traffic increased since panda update .. crap websites were hit, but not all articles directories .. 

Toon-c, Aug 4, 2011 IP