1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need advince before starting a paid to post forum..

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Iron Hide, Jul 23, 2011.

Hi,

I am planning on starting a paid to post forum, where my member gets paid by posting on my forum. I want to know is it worth it? I heard you have to deal with so many things and it can be annoying. I can always hire a moderator but basically does it really make you some money? Any advice, experience or thoughts will be appreciated?

Thanks

Iron Hide, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  2. bbharath

bbharath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well paying is the best way to keep forum alive and you always need to pay your moderators,active posters.I understand the problem making money from your forum but this depends upon you and the advertisement that you use.
    most of them are making good amount of money.if your forum is website related then you can even sell webhost that will bring an additional money to you.

bbharath, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  3. Adnan959

Adnan959 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you should pay every other member for posting. But instead, look around similar niche forums and find the active members who enjoy posting and always have something good to say, then you could approach these guys and offer to pay them. You'll only need about 10 - 15 people on your payroll to get a forum up and running, after that members will start to flow in slowly on their own with the power of SEO :)

Adnan959, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  4. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I say start a forum you would enjoy and work from there. If it's all about the money you will loose interest quickly when it doesnt make any. Just my .02

superrichguy, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  5. jiksaw213

jiksaw213 Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it would be hard for you to carry on if you member only work for money, so think of it!

jiksaw213, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  6. kevingordan

kevingordan Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I set up a furniture store and I am looking to promote it online and I tried various online promotions. I am planning to implement the paid promotions. I just want to know if I can go with paid promotions. As some one told me that google will not entertain paid promotions. Can some one help and let me know in details about this.

kevingordan, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  7. Iron Hide

Iron Hide Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice guys. I really liked the idea of Adnan. I will go with that for now and then I will see what t do next.

Thanks

Iron Hide, Jul 24, 2011 IP