1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is the beast way of learning web design?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by xenon121, Jul 19, 2011.

what is the best way of learning web design? should i take help from experts or should i learn it from reading books? any better suggestion?

xenon121, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  2. seoglobal

seoglobal Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to do this in the shortest period and you're the new in this field, you should take help from experts, then you can go on reading books and learning it on your own...

seoglobal, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  3. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Making duplicate threads for the beginning .

On the plus side learn how to make the graphics and then the code . If you're short on cash use Inkscape and notepad++

ApocalypseXL, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  4. SEOPunk

SEOPunk Guest

Best Answers:
    The best and easiest way to learn web designing is to learn from a web designer. Web designing is not a rocket science and its pretty easy to learn. You just need a good teacher who himself has been working as a web designer. Please make sure to check the portfolio of your trainer or teacher. If you get a good teacher then you are almost 50% done.

SEOPunk, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  5. _Nexo_

_Nexo_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Start with learning photoshop, there are plenty of courses online for that.
    Then start with dreamweaver. A company called Lynda.com supplies videos for that.

_Nexo_, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  6. Oxi

Oxi Peon

Best Answers:
    Reading books are OK if they are up to date. The web moves pretty fast nowadays so books based on good design principles 5 years ago could be irrelevant now..
    The best and easiest way to learn web design at the moment (my opinion) is through educational video tutorials and relevant design articles. Start by learning design theory because without it your first designs will be awful (unless you are a natural born design genius). Pay particular interest to typography as it has major impact on your design. Any step by step video tutorials on creating a website design in Photoshop will give you an invaluable insight at first and should help you out will all the basics such as setting up your design environment and using Photoshops features to your benefit.

If you need a few helpful resources to get you started, send me a pm.

Oxi, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  7. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for these tips. and friend pm sent. please reply.

xenon121, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  8. Jandu

Jandu Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to have some classes of Web Designing as You can not learn as much from anywhere else as much you can from an Expert of it. You can put all your queries there in front of him.

Jandu, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  9. stuuntn

stuuntn Member

Best Answers:
    i learned best by first reading very simple books, watching youtube videos and then finally actually doing some hands on stuff like editing other people's designs.. testing and editing then building my own

stuuntn, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  10. nadeem2789

nadeem2789 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to learn about the sites designing , i refer you webdesignate.com,must check it

nadeem2789, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  11. techjayd

techjayd Peon

Best Answers:
    I learn how to design my website through reading and learning from online tutorial sites like w3schools.com and tutorialized.com. It will take time if you want to learn it on your own, plus you have the tendency to make trial and error. If you want to learn fast and accurately, then I suggest you take classes for it in an IT-related school. Cheers!

techjayd, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  12. Mafishioso

Mafishioso Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it would be both. Learn from experts. Read good web design books.

Mafishioso, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  13. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you guys. i am approaching to ebooks now. but i need help from experts. anyone form this forum? or where i can get an expert?

xenon121, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  14. Torafox

Torafox Peon

Best Answers:
    just read some tutorials and try to recreate the look and feel of sites you like. no real need for any formal education here, IMO.

Torafox, Jul 28, 2011 IP
  15. Chamillion

Chamillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Formal education is just for silly things like Jobs, and salaries. Skip that imo.

Chamillion, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  16. lang_tu_ntt

lang_tu_ntt Member

Best Answers:
    All the lessons and materials I learned from my professor were from w3shools...

lang_tu_ntt, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  17. gljivec

gljivec Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have some great resources on the internet. Webistes like psd.tutsplus.com, vector.tutsplus.com (whole tutsplus network) is a great resource. You can also get premium tutorials from tutsplus.com. And some of the best e books can be bought at that site also (Rockablepress.com). That should give some material for a start:)

gljivec, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  18. cheezwhiz

cheezwhiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Get your hands dirty and dive right in. Maybe look over W3schoold for a really quick basic tutorial, but after that it's all about how much you practice and use it. Just like any other skill, reading books helps much less than actually doing it.

cheezwhiz, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  19. zudhire

zudhire Peon

Best Answers:
    Learn the basics from a teacher or institute and then try to do some pages with the help of the web resources like w3schools etc.

zudhire, Jul 31, 2011 IP
  20. seoextra

seoextra Peon

Best Answers:
    I found that Lynda.com was great for instructional videos. I would also advise visiting your local library and scanning through a few books. Eventually you will find one that suits your style of learning and you should go with that.

seoextra, Jul 31, 2011 IP