1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why can't I get to #1 on Google ??

Discussion in 'Google+' started by pollyand, Jul 20, 2011.

The biggest problem with google is most newbies can't get to the number one position. Looking at it from a newbies stand point , how does one go about getting there ?

pollyand, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  2. dukegman

dukegman Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, its not so easy to get on 1st, just getting on the first page is challenging. By the way it depends on keyword being searched, your site rank/page rank, and a little bit on your site age.

dukegman, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  3. dukegman

dukegman Peon

Best Answers:
    What exactly you or a newbie should do is work on their site's ranking, by getting link backs, article submission, submitting your site to as many directories and so on.... Hope that helps.

dukegman, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  4. Bvandyke

Bvandyke Member

Best Answers:
    Here are a few more ideas to throw onto the heap. Hope they help!

I don't know how the Panda update affected them, but you can also create Squidoo Lenses, and Hubpages. Big G used to like them.

I've read in some places that social media is serving a bigger role in Google's rankings as well. So, does your site have content worth twitting, liking, and +1'ing? If your content is strong and if it has an eager audience, you should start gaining more traffic as you keep producing more and more content over time.

Bvandyke, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  5. Jigney

Jigney Active Member

Best Answers:
    To get NO.1 position domain aging is also equally important.Over night ranking is impossible.Follow Original content, updated website, relevant meta tags and regular submission and you will get good ranking.

Jigney, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  6. writermichael

writermichael Peon

Best Answers:
    Really, just get you site linked in as many places as possible. Focus on quality links over low quality.

writermichael, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  7. belank

belank Member

Best Answers:
    for beginer I think just like the first time we try to create our webblog.
    we wrote all the content by our self, pick some information from A website, than link it to our webblog and made our opinion about the topic that we wrote.
    in general, its mean original content.
    to get more indexed by search engine, then there's must content with lot of article by our own though to wrote.
    that is the basic and most important thing to do.

CMIIW

belank, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  8. kritblog

kritblog Peon

Best Answers:
    I think to get the position 1 in google right now it's hard but do not focus on the results .. you focus on the content of your site. and you make sure your content is truly unique. and you will get maximum results...

CMIIW

kritblog, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  9. andyelle1

andyelle1 Member

Best Answers:
    To get to number one it is important to use different linking strategies and make sure you have good unique content.

andyelle1, Jul 25, 2011 IP
  10. jwmann2

jwmann2 Peon

Best Answers:
    By creating tons of backlinks and sources to your website, it makes it much easier for google to crawl your site. If content is being updated every single day, Google will crawl it daily. They love good and quality content. With that will come natural and quality traffic.

jwmann2, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  11. aileenwuornos

aileenwuornos Peon

Best Answers:
    Its not easy task to get top position in search engine ranking position, you have to do proper things in proper way to get desired results. Their are lots of factor on which ranking is based like content, backlink and many more.

aileenwuornos, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  12. lang_tu_ntt

lang_tu_ntt Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on many factors...but the easiest way to get to page one is to get the right keywords that has lower competition.

lang_tu_ntt, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  13. majali

majali Peon

Best Answers:
    What about if we look at it from consulting business stand point, they sell answers, people search google because they believe they will find the most relative search results there. Before google gives attention to the website’s age we used to see many broken link in top ten but this is not anymore.

Another important point for google that Google does not create its content by itself but they use others to create its content. Stable ranking means stable traffic and stable revenue… that will give webmasters a valid reason to improve their websites’ content and Google’s contents

After a few months or years of working on your website you will not get angry by loosing your website rank for a newbie and you will feel secured when you know that defeating your website ranking is not that easy

majali, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  14. SnD ACiD

SnD ACiD Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm no SEO pro, but you need to be ranked for good keywords and you need to have tons of backlinks.

SnD ACiD, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  15. imranamen6

imranamen6 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well every business has some experts throwing some dollars to see good result is worth it. Because i have seen many businesses who keep on trying With Seo fail because they have o much knowledge about seo, This get there site into trouble ad ail to get first page raking ad eve they get sand-boxed because spamming there site all around.

imranamen6, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  16. Goru

Goru Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    dear you have win for google first page not for the first position and for the first page you have to do daily changes for the contents and show new offers if any. submit articles, write blog and some link exchange.it will work in future.

Goru, Aug 4, 2011 IP
  17. John77777

John77777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't a lot of this depend on the type of website you have? If it's something really common you will struggle. If it's quite niche though you have a better chance. My own site ranks top for searches like "Amsterdam red light maps" but for "Amsterdam maps" it only gets on the second page.

John77777, Aug 14, 2011 IP
  18. nk128

nk128 Peon

Best Answers:
    You've got to learn how to build up your base before you take over the world :) Newbie can't take over the 1st position right the next day. With that being said, and prior to Panda update, it took me 2 months to rank #1 for a fairly low competitive keyword. And took me 5 months to rank number 5 for a very competitve keyword. I was doing everything manually back then. With the help of free tools and web 2.0, I think you should be able to do it in shorter time. But the key is to start with the right keyword and have an attack plan.

nk128, Aug 19, 2011 IP
  19. DanielJames

DanielJames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Lots of thing counts in ranking. If all these things are in good then you will be rank on top. Try to revise your SEO strategy.

DanielJames, Aug 25, 2011 IP