1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sandox only for stronger keywords?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by REtec, Jul 11, 2011.

Hello everyone, was curious what you have all experienced with the "sandbox". I've personally had multiple sites and tried to rank for high traffic keywords and seemed to feel the effects of the sandbox ext and recently tried creating a new site to get detail specific keywords to rank and have done very well with it. For example it took months before to get to the top with the other sites, but I tried linking to the new site's very specific pages and were able to get those to rank within a week. So my question is, is the sandbox solely for heavy traffic keywords or for new sites? Have had different experiences.

REtec, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  2. SEOInfluence

SEOInfluence Peon

Best Answers:
    The experiences you describe are very similar to what has occurred on my sites. If I am targeting a high traffic high competition keyword I will not rank on the specific keywords for AT LEAST 3 months. Usually after 3 months the rankings start jumping very quickly. Jumping from 140th to the 1st or 2nd page is not uncommon. But I have also had pages take the first spot in literally 24 hours, due to the EMD, and low competition niche. But who cares, any site in a niche like is not worth much anyways. High competition keywords have competition for a reason.

Another factor I find very important is the domain age. If I target a high competition keyword with a new domain I will not see any movement in the SERP's for months and months, 3 months MINIMUM. If the domain is over a year old, I have seen movement in less than 1 month. (Still talking about high competition keywords) So there are a variety of factors, at least I think so, that determine how your site will be effected by the "sandbox"

SEOInfluence, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  3. REtec

REtec Peon

Best Answers:
    I have experienced the exact same thing with the domain age. I actually just tested the same keyword on 2 of my sites (a very low keyword) but was heavily trying to target the new site (2 weeks old) and my old site kept popping up without even trying to rank for it...

REtec, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  4. b.morales99

b.morales99 Peon

Best Answers:
    I my POV and personal experience, sandbox basically is about new sites trying to bombard their sites with huge links and to get to the first page immediately.

b.morales99, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  5. kumar.seo5

kumar.seo5 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have working on my website from last 3 year but last 15 it suddenly disappear from my targeted keyword . i can't understand whats the prob.

kumar.seo5, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  6. REtec

REtec Peon

Best Answers:
    If you've had your site for 3 years then it probably wasn't related to anything to do with the sandbox considering your domain has a decent age on it.

REtec, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  7. OrganicServices

OrganicServices Peon

Best Answers:
    It is exactly what I came a cross before few months.... So we must work on slow and steady policy fro ranking keywords.

OrganicServices, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  8. MKelly

MKelly Peon

Best Answers:
    This is common, keep adding valuable content to your site, eventually you will reap the rewards. It takes time for Google to trust websites in certain niches.

My personal experience with a site I'm working on at the moment, if I make a post with keywords worth only a little, it goes straight to the first page 9 times out of 10, with higher value keywords with more searches, Google keeps me back a couple of pages. The site is only 7 months old though, and in this niche I've discovered it can take around a year to gain the level of trust required to rank for certain keywords.

MKelly, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  9. anils

anils Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I recently had an experience with sandbox. My website was on page 1 for my main keyword and also for long-tail kwds. But all of a sudden I was dropped to page 5 , 1-2 days later to 20th then no where. I was still ranked on 2nd page for non-competitive keywords. Today i came back to 5th page for main keyword. Hopefully i get to page 1 soon as i guess the filter has been lifted :) . It has been like 20 days

anils, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  10. Ridiculed

Ridiculed Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your site is just going through a Google Dance, rather than a sandbox...

Ridiculed, Aug 1, 2011 IP
  11. Ridiculed

Ridiculed Peon

Best Answers:
    Just keep building QUALITY, AUTHORITY BACKLINKS to your site. Before long, it should bounce back to its original spot.

Ridiculed, Aug 1, 2011 IP