1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying UK/US native writers needed! Long term work available!

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by chirag_nn, Jul 21, 2011.

Hi,

I am looking for serious Native UK/US writers. I want actual writers not some brokers who will outsource the work. A team of native writers is fine.

I need a sample through PM which can be 200 words on any niche written by you. I might ask you to write something extra to judge your style.

I will pay $3 per 500 words for writing via PayPal only. The pay will be deposited weekly after successful project approval by client.

Regards

Chirag Naiknavare

chirag_nn, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  2. discountwww

discountwww Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Chirag,

You seem to have taken on client work, but are then outsourcing the writing part of the job. That's fine. However, as it is your client, YOU take on the risk that the client will not approve the writing, not the writer. The writer does not write for you, and then stand at the whim of your client. That's not how it works.

You approve the writing. Your client then approves what you supply to them. The writer doesn't jump through hoops.

Also, 60c per 100 words is too cheap to put a writer through the uncertainty of whether they'll be paid if YOUR client rejected the pieces for some reason.

discountwww, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  3. chirag_nn

chirag_nn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I understand the point you are trying to make. But my approval and client's approval is basically the same. The idea about the clients being whimsical is not shared though. If they are its my responsibility. But if they do find valid issues I missed I expect the writer to be responsible and fix it.

4. sati121

sati121 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Check your email please.

sati121, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  5. discountwww

discountwww Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Chirag

That comes down to after-sales service. If you're paying a cheapskate type price, something below 1c per word would certainly qualify, then you cannot reasonably expect re-writing for the same price. You're simply not paying for that level of service. Same with a web design client. They cannot expect endless revisions on a design if they demanded a bargain basement price to begin with. The two extremes do not go together. The price has to support the service level. If the client expects too cheap a price, then they get the product by no service on the back-end.

If the writer is only making $5 per hour (depending how fast they can research and write), then they're getting below minimum wage in most developing countries. So to expect revisions in for that price is not reasonable. If dealing with a picky client, then offer more to the writer to account for the likelihood that revisions will be necessary.

>
    I understand the point you are trying to make. But my approval and client's approval is basically the same. The idea about the clients being whimsical is not shared though. If they are its my responsibility. But if they do find valid issues I missed I expect the writer to be responsible and fix it.

6. chirag_nn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If the writer has written something that is so bad that it requires full re-writing than it is unlikely to pass by me and get approved by me is it? So it should be fairly obvious that whatever required to be done after the articles having passed through me and through to the client will be pretty much trifle.

The rates I have offered are in tune with the rates for the project and requirements and they always are and will be in my case. Now please don't start a discussion on what writers should get paid. I have seen people offering lesser prices so whats the problem in my case?

7. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    It's good to see someone sticking up for the writers, and I totally agree. If you hire writers you should pay them whether or not your client pays you - that's the risk you take. I remember working for someone through these forums a while back who would give me a 24 hour deadline, constantly email me to see where the work is and THEN take two weeks to pay me - same reason, his client had to approve it first. Not only does this really irritate a writer but it is completely unfair!

$0.60/100 words is ridiculous and anyone who does choose to apply for this job is either desperate for cash or a newbie who doesn't know what he is doing. If you're going to pay crap don't expect anything good... I wonder how much you're making out of this too hmmm.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  8. chirag_nn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am making a million dollars per 500 words mate. That is why the rates are so offered. Did you actually read what I said?

9. discountwww

discountwww Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Chirag,

Crimebuster said it well.

I agree that major issues would likely get picked up before hitting the client second. But I also agree with Crimebuster that the writer should not be expected to wait for a chain of approvals prior to completion or being paid. If someone is paying 2c-3c per word, then sure, make revisions for style considerations and tweaks to suit a picky client. Much cheaper than that and you've got to be joking.

Your project budget does not permit time for revisions, edits or changes after the fact. At that price someone is pushing the article in and out in 20-30 minutes. That leaves no time for real research, careful consideration on structure and both thoughtful writing and rewriting. The more passes over the material, the better it will get. However a budget so low leaves no time to do that. Ergo no time for revisions post submission.

10. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    75.0% - 3
    Every word and this is what I gather.

1. You get a client by making out you are a good writer. You get a good wage.
    2. You employ people who CAN write yet pay them peanuts.
    3. You not only pay peanuts you treat them like crap and make them wait for payment - they only get paid if you get paid.
    4. Your writers don't get paid if you don't get paid.

If you were serious about being a "middle man" (although anyone who is a crap writer in this position is an insult in my opinion) you would know that clients have problems with work sometimes. That is your problem, not your writers. If you pay rubbish, expect to do a lot of editing (actually do something for the money you get instead of just being a mailer) But hey, what do I know? I only run a writing business that pays people above minimum wage in Western countries, am a good boss and know how to write.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  11. chirag_nn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Now the two of you.If you think you can bully me into agreeing to your crap accusations then forget about it. First of I am a writer and have made my way from $1 per 500 words. So I should be doing something right.

Secondly who said that the writer has to wait for 2 weeks? You said that siting an example. This is another accusation that is false. Approval will be 1-2 days at most. So the pay will go in weekly without miss.

I know what rates I am offering I am not an idiot expecting the writer to rewrite again. As a matter of fact I have completed the incorrect work by writers myself and gotten over it. There is no big deal. Now there may be some stuff only the writer knows how to tweak, what is wrong in expecting him to do it. Mind you, you are talking about an eventuality that occurs once a month. And that too probably some small work. Is that asking for too much?

And MR Crimebuster for your kind information I have never missed a payment. Thats right. Never. But if you give me crap dont expect to get paid. 1$ 10$ or whatever.

Apart from that I am platinum level author at ezinearticles.com. So if you think you are going to be hero for writers think again. I am a writer myself and do understand the problems associated with wages not being sufficient especially for a living in Western world. But what do you suppose I do about it? I am not a millionaire and even such a person will not pay more than what the budget permits.

Now I have had sufficient discussion and thanks to your heroic efforts for increasing the pay rates no one has gone for the ad. The work will go to someone else not any writer from this forum but someone else. So thank you again for messing up my work. I hope you have accomplished your mission. No more discussions please on this thread. I will have to report it to the moderator otherwise.

12. mrinalaha

mrinalaha Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi, I don't promise you world-best content, but can deliver reasonably quality content in your niche with an extra layer of research.

I am ready to do a free sample on any topic you want; so that I can prove my potential and utility for your job. Kindly, don’t ignore my bid at the first stroke. Thank you.

Kindly refer to my profile at linkedin or make a google search with Mrinal ali Hazarika. Thank you.

Skills: Able to express more with less words; can engage the reader till the last word.

Experience: 3 years in web content writing; creative writer in local media for the last 10 years; Public Relations Executive for a local Hospital producing and managing various kinds of content.

You can touch me at mrinalaha at gmail dot com

mrinalaha, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  13. faithchad

faithchad Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Wow, after reading this reply, I wonder who is bullying who. (Clue: Read the last sentence, it's a THREAT...)

Everyone has a right to the freedom of speech that includes you, OP. But what people cannot stand is your demands when you push out such rates. Nobody is against you for "helping" those poor souls who want to write for your rates. And I really think no one is messing with your work. They are just responding with prudent sense to your post, so please don't be so agitated.

My opinion: Ezine is never a good benchmark for writing quality. REAL writers know this.

Aside from everything, I am still quite sure you will get those writers so don't be too upset by what your fellow Dpers have to say in response. Smile.

faithchad, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  14. chirag_nn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No. Sorry if I came out like an you know what. But what he was doing was twisting the words around and making them into facts like having to wait for 2 weeks for pay. I mean that is ridiculous. I have lived in Western countries and aware as I said of the higher price of living but I cant do anything about that. I have my constraints on the budget and the rates offered are based on that.

Secondly the original suggestion that I should accept any poor quality work because it comes from a native writer is also asking for too much. If you intend to provide crap why I should even pay you these rates. Might as well go for $1 guys. Right?

This guy has actually gone on and opened a new thread calling me a middleman. Now owning an article writing services and being the main writer in it is called being middle man than I pity his vision. Apart from the fact that being a middle man is also perfectly legal.

chirag_nn, Jul 23, 2011 IP