1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

OMG, Twitter is worth a crazy USD7 Billion !! Is there a tech bubble?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tradester, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow these social sites got some crazy value for them.

Justin_Dupre, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  2. tradester

tradester Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good point. Twitter is still trying hard to monetise enough revenue to justify their high valuation. It has about $140 million revenue now and that $7 billion valuation, that is ridiculous valuation of 20 times of revenue though facebook has even crazy valuation of up to 35 times revenue. On other hand Google's valuation is only abt 6 times revenue.

They claim it is now 750 million users. http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2011-07-06-facebook-skype-growth_n.htm
    With Google+, FB may be the next MySpace if they are not careful. Being a social site, FB can only justify huge valuations of $70Billion or more if its users base keep growing- there will come a time when its users base will stagnate and even drop and then it may just fall like house of cards- like MySpace. It was only a few years ago that Myspace was touted as the darling of social media -most visited site etc and Murdoch was hailed a some Web media genius. Murdoch paid abt 500 million for Myspace few years ago and few weeks ago was forced to sell it for only abt $35 to 40 million and in between also lost hundreds of millions in high losses. How things have changed for Myspace and even Murdoch who is now in dock with the UK hacking scandal. :)

tradester, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  3. mrmeme

mrmeme Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes there are a tech bubble!!!
    How can Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin has so high value when they dont earn money? Else look what happend with www.myspace.com! They where larger then facebook but has lost a lot the last few years!

mrmeme, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  4. theyellowduck

theyellowduck Peon

Best Answers:
    I still don't see where this value for twitter is coming from. Not even profitable and won't find a way to be, yet somehow people believe this service is worth 10's of billions.

theyellowduck, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  5. PiNG1434

PiNG1434 Active Member

Best Answers:
    wow, i thought twitter must have been worth at least in 20 billions, according to current valuation of all the other sites.

PiNG1434, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  6. networklogin

networklogin Peon

Best Answers:
    Big deal. Question is, are they willing to sell it for $7 billion? And is anyone interested in buying it?:eek:

networklogin, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  7. flamedesign

flamedesign Guest

Best Answers:
    Google + is still in its developing phase...not yet fully released yet, right? I don't have a gmail, I'm less encouraged to sign up...it's another thing I have to keep track of, and I'm a human, I have an averaged size brain meaning I can't always know what's going on. Maybe after 5 years when people are tired of FB and Google can be the biggest, maybe then

flamedesign, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  8. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow good analysis here. Lots of change going on on the internet. Groupon is losing money and so is Youtube?

MarTh-, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  9. The Elite

The Elite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google+ should easily destroy some of Facebooks activity.

The Elite, Jul 19, 2011 IP