1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Server Max Requests

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Silver89, Jul 16, 2011.

Hi,

I run a vps and one of my sites currently generates about 24,000 uniques a day, how do I know that all of my traffic is succesfully being processed and that php is able to handle that amount with the settings below?

Max Requests     Per Child: 10000 - Keep Alive: on - Max Per Connection: 100 
    Timeouts     Connection: 300 - Keep-Alive: 5 

Code (markup):
    How would I know that if my site was receiving say 50,000 uniques per day but 26,000 were experiencing problems getting to the site and connecting via phpor something similar?

Thanks

Silver89, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  2. gwydion

gwydion Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have any more information? Are you running MySQL? Where are your error logs, do you have access? If you are running MySQL then the log files will tell you how many connections were dropped or if 'max user requests' was exceeded. Look at this file and parse it for the information you want.

gwydion, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  3. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Where abouts are the mysql logs located?

I just checked my server and there is no:

/var/lib/mysql
    /var/log/mysql

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
    Silver89, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  4. Silver89

Silver89 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I turned on the logs so I can now look through these, still not sure exactly what I should be searching for?

Silver89, Jul 18, 2011 IP