1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why did my adsense check returned uncleared ???

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by vmehra777, Jul 15, 2011.

Ok I live in a remote place and 1 mnth back I deposited my check in Sbi branch different from the one where I have opened one. and now today my Check returned to the bank and they told me that you cannot deposit the check from SBI branch other than your home branch where you opened your account..

Now can anyone tell me what happened there . and Is it so??

vmehra777, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  2. vmehra777

vmehra777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I have also deposited my second check to different SBI branch, will it clear???

3. stargroup29

stargroup29 Member

Best Answers:
    Because your account is not "Anywhere account", so you should deposit your check in parental branch.

stargroup29, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  4. vmehra777

vmehra777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can anyone else confirm???

Is there any such rule?

5. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, its like that only. You need to deposit in the branch where you opened your account. :)

Digital_shubhi, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  6. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a gaming of the system by the banks, there is no such rules as such, but this is a usual practice played around to unsuspecting customers, this is nothing but holding your funds, Citibank is the issuer of cheques for Google and they return the cheques to collecting branches without assigning any reason, this is a ploy to hold funds for long, i experienced this and took my branch manager to task, threaten them that you will file a complain with 'Banking Ombudsman' search google and you will see what i am talking about, they fear that authority because you might even end up getting compensation from them if you have gone through mental agony, my branch manager had send back the cheques twice to Citibank asking for assigning the specific reasons for returning, and then BHAM! the cheque is cleared, they do not do this practice in cities or metros as you can walk into any Citibank branch or you have the wherewithal to take them to task, they do it for rural areas with disdain, as they know it might take sometimes and pain for you to take them to task. Well, don't panic, complain to the appropriate banking authority in your area and you should be good. I don't know how many others here know about it, but Citibank intentionally delays cheques in clearance, my idea, they just do it to keep funds for long in their balance.

COBSolutions, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  7. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Possibly the branch doesn't have core banking facility.

Go to SBI's site and check if that branch and the branch with which you have an account have core banking.

sachin410, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  8. vmehra777

vmehra777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it has one..

vmehra777, Jul 17, 2011 IP
  9. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    No offense but there has never such a rule AFAIK. I have deposited all over India when I am away from my place etc. but everytime it has cleared. There is no such rule at least not in normal banks. SBI is perhaps abnormal in that sense. And maybe that is the reason I have never used SBI though I have accounts in most other banks. Whenver I enter an SBI branch or for that matter any other such govt. affiliated banks, I hate the commotion and indiscipline going on. The customer service never seems to work properly and nobody seems to be a priority customer there. The only good thing about SBI is that they have the least minimum balance of only a thousand bucks if I am not wrong. But then it also means every xyz opens account in SBI and so their workload and hence the indiscipline gets even more. Personally speaking, I have found ICICI, HDFC and Axis to be the best Indian banks. Citibank and Standard Chartered are also good but their minimum balance of 25K bucks seems a bit on the heavier side. But then you always get priority in these two banks as there are hardly many customers there. :p For the other banks once you become a priority customer they do not take much time for your work to get done.

@OP dont you have any other account in any of the other banks I mentioned. It would be handled a lot better in those banks for sure.

waziuz, Jul 17, 2011 IP