1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Adding Extra Pages Have a Negative Effect on the SERPS?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jj1, Jul 14, 2011.

I have a pr2 site with 21 pages. I am thinking of adding an extra 10 or so unique content pages to target specific areas or services.

Will adding these pages affect my serps for my existing keywords? (IE Will adding extra pages dilute the link juice to all the other pages?)

Each additional page will be linked to in the footer and will have masthead nav links to the main pages and footer nav links to all other pages. One extra page will also have a link from the content of another existing page.

jj1, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  2. seopowers

seopowers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think add some good pr links like pr 8 or 9 and also add some edu and .gov link then it will help u to get good pr on google

seopowers, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  3. jdr8271

jdr8271 Member

Best Answers:
    more pages will help your site overall in my opinion, as long as you are adding content on the new pages.

jdr8271, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  4. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your new content adds value to your site and is useful for your customers then obviously that's good all round whether the new content ranks high in the serps or not.

xenon121, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  5. Abhishek Kundu

Abhishek Kundu Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi jj1,

extra pages means more unique content on the website. google loves fresh content which will help you in your SERPs.

let me answer your question one by one.
    1. Will adding these pages affect my serps for my existing keywords? (IE Will adding extra pages dilute the link juice to all the other pages?) - it will not as long as links to the internal pages are "nofollow" from the PR2 page that is there in your website. :)
    2. Each additional page will be linked to in the footer and will have masthead nav links to the main pages and footer nav links to all other pages. One extra page will also have a link from the content of another existing page. - i will suggest you not to place the links in the footer. it's best to place the inner links within the content which looks more natural to the eyes of the search engines and specially google.

hope i have been able to answer your question. :)

Abhishek Kundu, Jul 14, 2011 IP
    jj1 likes this.
  6. jj1

jj1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many thanks Abhhishek Kundu for helpful comments.

One thing you said:

I thought I read an interview by Matt Cutts last year saying that with nofollow links the link juice evaporates/gets lost rather than being kept? Is this still the case - in which case nofollow will actually lose me link juice rather than preserve it??

jj1, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  7. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, not added negative effect on SERP. But try to optimized new pages also

Kiranraj, Jul 15, 2011 IP