1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Website Penalty or Panda?

Discussion in 'Google' started by RFKSolutions, Jul 14, 2011.

Hey

Looking for a bit of advise. One of my own websites as of about a month ago, before June 14th to be precise was ranking page 1 for many highly competitive keywords. After this date my 2 big money keywords dropped out rankings totally my other 5 or 6 still competitive keywords dropped to page 2-10.

Their was a few issues on our website that we where aware of and working on, i.e duplicate content on our own pages due to a sort by issue on the ecommerce website, which is now hopefully fixed. And also some other issues that we where looking at, i.e beefing up content on the product/category pages.

Since the drop I am now getting 0 traffic from these big keywords.

Question I have is, to people think it could be a penalty or panda. I am confused my website is still indexed, still ranking lower than I was but still ranking so dont think I have an overal penalty and would panda only affect my big keywords?

I am very confused, any help would be appreciate

RFKSolutions, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  2. Castle Blaire

Castle Blaire Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your site got hit by the panda. The panda remove or eliminate poor and low quality sites from their top results. Meaning, you have some duplicate content issue, so google penalize your site. It would be wiser if you remove those duplicate content and replace it with fresh and unique content.

Castle Blaire, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  3. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    its just bitten by the panda. but not severely. that's why you are just panelized not banned by the search engine. so don't be tensed it will be alright soon i think . as you said that you have fixed the problems so its just matter of time.
    thanks

digitalwebman06, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  4. PalmGeo

PalmGeo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Improve your website's content and it will come again at top position. It is affected by Google Panda.

PalmGeo, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  5. davehermansen

davehermansen Active Member

Best Answers:
    How old is your website? That could be a major factor. If your site is relatively new, your rankings could be bouncing all over the place. Especially while actively building backlinks.

Duplicate content & other content related issues could be a factor, but in general I think people get a little too caught up with duplicate content. That being said, unique/valuable content on your website is as important as ever. So you should still work towards having lots of unique content & avoid duplicating content within your web pages.

Another possibility is bad outgoing links. These can quickly drop your rankings. Do you have a blog or forum where someone posted an outgoing link to an adult or hate site? I've seen rankings disappear overnight because of this in the past.

davehermansen, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  6. aileenwuornos

aileenwuornos Peon

Best Answers:
    You can remove penalty by deleting duplicate content, then post some genuine content on your website.

aileenwuornos, Jul 16, 2011 IP
  7. cnjai20

cnjai20 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some of my websites where reduce Page rank. There is no duplicate content in my web page 100% confident on that.

My Quote is whether Submitting the same type of Content in off page like social bookmarking, article submission, directory submission etc. would reduce my PR ?

cnjai20, Jul 16, 2011 IP