1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I make Share Hosting like Re-Seller Hosting?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by nICEsHARE, Jul 5, 2011.

Default How do I make Share Hosting like Re-Seller Hosting?

You might be surprise to see the question and thought I was dumb enough to not just buy Re-Seller Package!

The one reason is enough: my budget doesn't allow.

Anyway, my share hosting is kinda good with this package as it is far more space and bandwidth than needed. I am now in a local small business to develop websites for my neighbor clients; and I want to give them 1 free domain with 150MB space and 1,000MB monthly bandwidth to start with for free. The problem is how do I monitor that resource with this package of mine as I don't have WHM to share and limit this resource.

Is there a free or paid script to do this kinda job?

WarezReview .co .cc helps expose your sites further for FREE!

nICEsHARE, Jul 5, 2011 IP
  2. nICEsHARE

nICEsHARE Active Member

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to say?

nICEsHARE, Jul 6, 2011 IP
  3. тнє Sufi

тнє Sufi Peon

Best Answers:
    No there is no such way. Assuming your site is under cPanel. cPanel does not allow installing such kind of sharing script in i. All you can do is give people space using FTP, but you can not limit the bandwidth.

тнє Sufi, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  4. alex288288

alex288288 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, The only way you can do this is manually add domains to the account if it is allowed on the account in the first plan, as for resources, dont know if you can "monitor" them.

alex288288, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  5. Leo Ghost

Leo Ghost Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As others have mentioned, the best solution would be to setup individual FTP accounts. If you are using CPanel, each addon domain will also generate a subdomain, and I believe you can access the stats (bandwidth, disk space) under the "Logs" heading. Please note that you also need to double check your hosting provider's TOS, many will not allow you to resell "space" unless you have a reseller account.

Leo Ghost, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  6. rllunzmann

rllunzmann Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depending upon the reseller account software you use, will determine their actions and liabilities. It will be controlled by that. You could setup things on the server-side end but it would be more work. This is why WHM is nice but there should be other's out there that can easily manage the same aspects.

rllunzmann, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  7. selvamurali

selvamurali Peon

Best Answers:
    but now the days very reseller hosting very cheap. then u may go to reseller hosting. that will help u. sometimes client apps get much of resource your account maysuspend. so if u plan to resell goto reseller hosting

selvamurali, Jul 21, 2011 IP
  8. 1truth

1truth Member

Best Answers:
    There are many cheap reseller plans as well, have a look at shopaserver.com their price is pretty low man!

1truth, Jul 27, 2011 IP
  9. ilovefireflies

ilovefireflies Peon

Best Answers:
    Your best bet is to just get a small reseller package. I dont know how small your budget is, but it sounds as tho you cant afford a $5-$10 reseller account....

If you are trying to do what you want, resellers are cheap from small companies. They get more expensive from the bigger the company. For instance I offer $11 reseller, but Hostgator offers $25 reseller.

I have also seen other smaller companies that sell reseller for very cheap (but incredibly oversold) $3-$5

Just a thought...

ilovefireflies, Jul 27, 2011 IP