1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Session and Cookies

Discussion in 'Programming' started by anupkhobragade, Jul 11, 2011.

Can anybody tell me what is cookies and session ??
    what is default time in session and where it stored in our local PC. ?
    how much time the session & cookies are stored ?
    please tell me id deeply... :confused:

anupkhobragade, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  2. balaganesh

balaganesh Peon

Best Answers:
    cookie will store in computer and session will store in browser

balaganesh, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  3. bhimesh

bhimesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Cookies is nothing but some temporary data which will reside at client side on request of browser .. this tmp data is used by server on every transaction or only in the begging of session to authenticate the client.so cookeis will disable on closing browser or some will be after rebooting of machine ..

Session is to differentiate one connection to other connection which may be between same server and client .. session is nothing but one window so that server knows client behavior and can keep track client this is called sessions tracking..

bhimesh, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  4. seller2551

seller2551 Peon

Best Answers:
    check this tutorial out:
    check the tizag tutorial about it, type in "tizag cookies" into google.

seller2551, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  5. anupkhobragade

anupkhobragade Peon

Best Answers:
    Thnx bhimesh,
    One more question..!

In some cases if we log-in any application like rediffmail and if power goes of suddenly and my browser restart at that time if i type rediffmail in browser then I go automatically in my account.
    In this case where the cookies are stored and how i log-in when the browser get restarted.

anupkhobragade, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  6. bhimesh

bhimesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Good question ..

They are some cokkies which resides at browser they will destroyed on the request of server so they will at client side browser even though power is off.when you do signout server will request browser to clear them and intimate they will not be valid after this moment..

bhimesh, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  7. anupkhobragade

anupkhobragade Peon

Best Answers:
    If we can do [ Go to Mozilla browser -> Go to tools -> Select security -> Remember password for site ] at that time how many time session is stored in our personal PC. ???

anupkhobragade, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  8. Warrichpk

Warrichpk Banned

Best Answers:
    HELLO
    I will tell you about session and cookes in detail
    Sessions always resides at the server side where as cookies may either resides at the client or server side.
    Cookies are stored in a harddisk where as sessions are not stored in an harddisk and they exists until the browser is opened.
    A cookie is a message given to a Web browser by a Web server. The browser stores the message in a text file. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.

The main purpose of cookies is to identify users and possibly prepare customized Web pages for them. When you enter a Web site using cookies, you may be asked to fill out a form providing such information as your name and interests. This information is packaged into a cookie and sent to your Web browser which stores it for later use. The next time you go to the same Web site, your browser will send the cookie to the Web server. The server can use this information to present you with custom Web pages. So, for example, instead of seeing just a generic welcome page you might see a welcome page with your name on it.

Warrichpk, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  9. ZeroGamma

ZeroGamma Peon

Best Answers:
    Sessions are not stored on your local PC typically. The session data is stored on a remote server, with only a session identifier stored locally (in the case of PHP session this is stored in a PHPSESS cookie).

ZeroGamma, Jul 20, 2011 IP
  10. sandrajones

sandrajones Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site and I want to track the number of visitors whose machine the cookies are being installed on.. Then what should I do.. Please Suggest..

sandrajones, Nov 30, 2011 IP