1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

spamming

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by cwmmc, Jul 8, 2011.

has anyone had the experience of rivals clicking on your ads and using up credit. do google check this?

also i have recently reworded the ad to include more keywords yet my click rate has gone from 60 a day to 0. yet i write in my search and the ad turns up in the right hand column everytime.
    has there been cases where something like this has happened before?
    ta

cwmmc

cwmmc, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google takes click fraud seriously and has multiple checks. There's just no way someone can repeatedly click your ads just to run up your costs.

If your CTR has gone down, then your ad is not as good as the previous one. Go back to the original and test another ad.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  3. cquinndesign

cquinndesign Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Google does take this seriously. I just passed my Google Adwords Certification and this came up on the test twice. This is a serious matter and there is a way in your Adwords dashboard to remedy the situation. Google will investigate, they track by IP address I think, although they don't really explain how they do it, but they do!

cquinndesign, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  4. nikd

nikd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google has its own mechanisms to detect click fraud and its tough to go undetected. For the clicks that google detects as fraud.. it does not charge you for that.. you can refer to this link of adwords help to see report of invalid clicks of your account if there are any.. hope it would be helpful... adwords(dot)google(dot)com/support/aw/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=44008

nikd, Jul 9, 2011 IP
  5. cwmmc

cwmmc Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks guys. seems that i hadn't set my dashboard right since they changed it and it was just telling me the last date that i'd put in. whereas i'm sure that on the old dash it did the previous 7 days unless you changed it. anyway all sorted and panic over.

cwmmc, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  6. newfashion010

newfashion010 Peon

Best Answers:
    is google informs its adwords members about the click fraud

newfashion010, Jul 10, 2011 IP
  7. Natively

Natively Active Member

Best Answers:
    Campaigns tab --> Dimensions tab --> Columns (Customize Columns) --> Check "Invalid clicks" and/or "Invalid click rate"

Of course not all the invalid clicks are fraudulent, but after loosing a few lawsuits Google is taking extra care...
    And even then click fraud still happen (I was refunded for about $10,000 a year ago)

Natively, Jul 11, 2011 IP