1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone started using the +1 button on their site?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Nats27, Jul 8, 2011.

Has anyone started using google +1 button on their site? how's the response? What are the key benefits?

Nats27, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  2. dann12

dann12 Member

Best Answers:
    I've started using it 2 weeks back, but didn't see much change in traffic.
    Maybe the effect is slow.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
    dann12, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  3. kesn

kesn Peon

Best Answers:
    i am started to use +1 on my site, the effect is not like I expected. So now i dont use it.

kesn, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  4. sachin410

sachin410 Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I have been using it for a few days.

In spite of getting 2000 uniques every day, I am still to get my first "+1". :D.

sachin410, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  5. Ajay Bhargava

Ajay Bhargava Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm using it, One of my blog.
    Reponse:- well, It would be too early to say anything...

Ajay Bhargava, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  6. Glock

Glock Active Member

Best Answers:
    I added it yesterday, but its not active, hardly anyone has clicked it...

Glock, Jul 8, 2011 IP
    Mightee likes this.
  7. Linkz247

Linkz247 Member

Best Answers:
    Using it on all my sites with all my clients. Social marketing is now a big factor with search engine rankings. Every metric matters when you looking to maintain those ranking positions.

Linkz247, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  8. REtec

REtec Peon

Best Answers:
    Have yet to start using the 1+ and actually didn't really understand what it was about until yesterday, hadn't really spent the time to look it up.

I would think that it will take quite a while to get anything from it and have it make much a difference - we'll all see with time.

REtec, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  9. cpredsox

cpredsox Peon

Best Answers:
    I work for realestatewebsites.com and I +1'd our site a couple days ago, now when I'm signed in with my google account, I see us come up on page 4 for the keywords "Real Estate Websites" instead of page 26 when I'm not signed out. It's very odd to say the least. I'm not quite sure if it's the +1 doing it, or if we're actually on page 4.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
    cpredsox, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  10. r.matthew

r.matthew Guest

Best Answers:
    There is no difference, at least to me.

r.matthew, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  11. motovip

motovip Member

Best Answers:
    I introduced this button since a week, but it's hardly touched by visitors. In the future i hope we'll get the search engine bennefit, for now we get only a new graphic

motovip, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  12. cpredsox

cpredsox Peon

Best Answers:
    motovip, what does it really do? Is there like a place I can view how many times this page has been +1'd?

cpredsox, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  13. motovip

motovip Member

Best Answers:
    [video=youtube;4RyY2-ofP4g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RyY2-ofP4g&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Here are some details, but only few. In the next period we'll se what happens.

motovip, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  14. cpredsox

cpredsox Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, that helped a little, and I added it to my website at the bottom. It's obviously not going to do much now, but as google+ expands I can see this becoming monstrous.

cpredsox, Jul 8, 2011 IP
  15. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't yet and I'm not sure if I will anytime soon. I personally think, this button is going to be another Google failure.
    As by the experience of webmasters I have read about in several forums, the button is not the ultimate traffic solution at all and may also cause a longer page loading time.
    Some smarties of course already reporting huge increase in traffic and are probably millionaires by now, thanks to this +1 button. ;)

I personally hate the idea, Google is using those click data to determine how a site or single page ranks in their serp's and it clearly will have a negative impact on websites with low traffic and resulting of less traffic, less clicks. But are those websites with less traffic really always low quality sites?

Also, people will try to manipulate this button. See: http://fiverr.com/users/start1now/gigs/get-you-40-google-1-votes
    A new business opportunity has been created by Google. hope Google is proud of it.
    We all know there are some very smart people they know how to trick out systems and sooner or later Google will have to admit, they can not rely on those +1 hits to be real, truthful and honest.
    People will start creating lots of gmail accounts and click each other +1 buttons like they usually would be commenting on each other blogs.

At least the FB LIKES button was really only a symbol for recommendation but Google is kind of trying to force webmasters to add Google's, sorry to say so, stupid looking +1 button if they want a good position in the serp's. web 2.0 and all the Social networking is good and fine and a personal recommendation from a real satisfied customer or site visitor always will count more than anything else but does that really need a Google +1 button? Does Google really think the world will stop turning if Google would not exist?

Now, who is going to ad such a button next, Bing? Maybe Yahoo? One of these days we will have a couple of rows only with all kinds of LIKE and +1 buttons etc on top or bottom of each webpage I guess.
    First it was all the social bookmarking sites and all their buttons, now it's additionally all the +1's and LIKE buttons. Wondering what's next?

verdecove, Jul 9, 2011 IP
    ninjashoes likes this.
  16. netload

netload Member

Best Answers:
    Issue.
    I have installed +1 button on my site.
    1. I press +1 - button makes blue (pressed), counter - 1
    2. Refresh page - botton is blue, counter - 1
    3. Refresh page again - button is blue, counter - 0

I have repeated these steps on different pages - same result.

I don't understand, why counter is 0? Can anyone repeat my experiment?

My browser - FireFox 5

Open Webmster Tools - all my +1 are added.

netload, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  17. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just start using it few days ago, still observing the effect on serp.

lifeplayer, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  18. Spawned

Spawned Member

Best Answers:
    Once Google+ builds up we will start seeing people using that +1 button! Google+ only has like 7 million users now but it is growing like a million people a day almost. So, with that said, Just make sure you have both facebook and +1 buttons to cover both angles!

Spawned, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  19. PiNG1434

PiNG1434 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using it for about a month now on some of my blogs, but haven't seen much difference in ranking, although one of my site has over 3000 unique views each day, the ranking and hits gain is still normal, not much or not less.

PiNG1434, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  20. Image Online

Image Online Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have added the google +1 button in all my websites, but still there is not much traffic, assume it will take some more time to become popular..

Image Online, Jul 14, 2011 IP